Is there a discount/price that will motivate you to buy almost any set??

There is a recent thread about what sets you just don't buy.   Sort of along those lines, let's say you are not a fan of a specific theme or a set in a theme, is there a magic cutoff discount that will make you buy regardless?

For instance, around here, the Hobbit Mirkwood Spiders sets are $10-15.  I wasn't really a fan of this set, but I decided to pick up a few at $10 because 66% off seemed like a great deal.   Still, I didn't load up on them even though I could have...

Another set I'm not really that excited about is the Hobbit Goblin King set, but I have a strong feeling this set will be marked down to 70% off ($30), I'm wondering if I should just pick some of these up regardless due to the price...then the question becomes, how many??

There is a recent thread about what sets you just don't buy.   Sort of along those lines, let's say you are not a fan of a specific theme or a set in a theme, is there a magic cutoff discount that will make you buy regardless?

For instance, around here, the Hobbit Mirkwood Spiders sets are $10-15.  I wasn't really a fan of this set, but I decided to pick up a few at $10 because 66% off seemed like a great deal.   Still, I didn't load up on them even though I could have...

Another set I'm not really that excited about is the Hobbit Goblin King set, but I have a strong feeling this set will be marked down to 70% off ($30), I'm wondering if I should just pick some of these up regardless due to the price...then the question becomes, how many??

I don't have a rule of thumb on this.  If I run across a great deal, I'll buy as many as my monthly budget can afford if I could flip them for a quick, decent profit. 

GKB at $30 is a nice price, although they're selling for $50 (before shipping) online, so you would clear roughly $12-15 per box.  Not bad, not great...

I would buy EVERY set for 1$ or less....

Its not realistic but such was the question...

Ha...Yes, I guess it's a very open ended question.  Of course we'd all want stuff discounted 99%!   Realistically though, I think the most I've seen stuff discounted is 70-80% off.  I recently grabbed 12 Unexpected Gatherings for $15 (almost 80%), and another 4 for $30, but that is a set I strongly believe will do well once it retires so I had no problem paying those prices.  

I'm having a harder time, however, with sets like Mirkwood Spiders and Goblin King or some of the GS sets.  Recently there were some $80 GS sets for like $10.  I don't collect that line, but come...$70 off?!

Ha...Yes, I guess it's a very open ended question.  Of course we'd all want stuff discounted 99%!   Realistically though, I think the most I've seen stuff discounted is 70-80% off.  I recently grabbed 12 Unexpected Gatherings for $15 (almost 80%), and another 4 for $30, but that is a set I strongly believe will do well once it retires so I had no problem paying those prices.  

I'm having a harder time, however, with sets like Mirkwood Spiders and Goblin King or some of the GS sets.  Recently there were some $80 GS sets for like $10.  I don't collect that line, but come...$70 off?!

I am not sure about UG after EOL.  My Walmart still has them for $49 (marked down from $69), and even that the sets just don't move.  You think it will do good maybe because you paid for $15 and $30, so you have room to make profit.  For those who paid $49 or higher, I doube there's room left for profit.   Same goes for Goblin King, Target has marked down from $99 to $65, and the sets just don't move.  This leads me to believe the Hobbit sets aren't doing well.

I am not sure about UG after EOL.  My Walmart still has them for $49 (marked down from $69), and even that the sets just don't move.  You think it will do good maybe because you paid for $15 and $30, so you have room to make profit.  For those who paid $49 or higher, I doube there's room left for profit.   Same goes for Goblin King, Target has marked down from $99 to $65, and the sets just don't move.  This leads me to believe the Hobbit sets aren't doing well.

I agree with you about Goblin King, but UG??? Really? Do others agree? I really like this set, investment wise. I wish I could find it for $49 by me.

This.  50% off is a magic number unless it is a really bad theme like Galaxy Squad or over produced like Hobbit and the new Friends line.  Then I will wait until it is 60 - 70% off.

..And chances are that those sets will still be in stock, since those sets don't move as fast as Ninjago, for example. Know your fellow buyers...