70010 - Lion CHI Temple

lowillsw

I don't think it's returning.

I don't think so either.  IMO Lego Group throws out some bones to their Primary Sellers TRU, Amazon etc......  hence the reason for the exclusives still popping up during the holiday season now.  I think TRU got all the old stock around to sell during the holidays because of the "kid" aspect vs some others as well as its good for Lego Group & TRU to promote this set for the future existence at a toy store.  With that being said, I think it goes by the wayside kind of like the 2507 Ninjago Temple just not as profitable.  It should be sold out in the next 2-4 months.  As far as Resale goes, TBD right now.

Edited by Kodiak10

I don't think so either. IMO Lego Group throws out some bones to their Primary Sellers TRU, Amazon etc...... hence the reason for the exclusives still popping up during the holiday season now. I think TRU got all the old stock around to sell during the holidays because of the "kid" aspect vs some others as well as its good for Lego Group & TRU to promote this set for the future existence at a toy store. With that being said, I think it goes by the wayside kind of like the 2507 Ninjago Temple just not as profitable. It should be sold out in the next 2-4 months. As far as Resale goes, TBD right now.

With Christmas around the corner this will be gone in the next 1-1.5 months at the longest. It was popular last year so with TRU being the only retailer with it they will OOS quick.

With Christmas around the corner this will be gone in the next 1-1.5 months at the longest. It was popular last year so with TRU being the only retailer with it they will OOS quick.

I'm thinking it'll be gone by weeks end if not today. They already updated listing to say limited quanties left.

Well before TRU rolled out their secret stash I think this was going for around $175.  I have 4 I got on clearance and almost sold then but stupid me thought "it will be $200-250 at Christmas!".  So, I would think once the TRU stash disappears it should bump back up right away to $160 or so and if that happens fast enough for Xmas....maybe? $200?  It's tough to say.  It is Chima but it is the set from Chima every kid will want if they do like Chima.

They seem to be selling pretty fast.  97 left on the bay.  40 sold in 5 days.  Anyway you slice it, its a Big Set.  It will hold value, its a matter of how much.

Oh a for the Record, with the Original Ninjago Spinner Packs, I remember WM having like a 1000+ at each store & couldn't sell any.  Blowing them out for $4 in January, then the Cartoon Started started to air. 

Edited by Kodiak10

They seem to be selling pretty fast. 97 left on the bay. 40 sold in 5 days. Anyway you slice it, its a Big Set. It will hold value, its a matter of how much.

Oh a for the Record, with the Original Ninjago Spinner Packs, I remember WM having like a 1000+ at each store & couldn't sell any. Blowing them out for $4 in January, then the Cartoon Started started to air.

97 Left? How can you determine that?

There are now exactly 100 available on ebay.  So I wonder if TRU resets it to 100 every night and don't actually put the full inventory in there up front?  Will be interesting to monitor over the next few days....

EDIT: I just punched in a few other sets on TRU ebay and all of them seem to have a quantity of 100.  So I'm guessing there is some sort of auto restock if they have 100+ of something that occurs every night.  Hard to say if they have 150 total or 150,000....

Edited by sroster
  • Like 2

Is it just me or does it seem odd that they would limit this to 2 per person if they had a ton of inventory?  So far it doesn't seem like they are stocking it in stores again so they might not have enough to distribute.

Not at all.  Amazon is limit 2 on everything Lego right? TRU I knows makes limits on Sale items regularly.  IMO TRU has all that remains..... so limit 2 for a sale price is realistic plus it might be a policy set buy Lego Group that TRU agrees to going in.

Got mine from TRU Ebay...way crushed and put in too small a box. Should I return it to a brick and mortar?

Though I hate returns at stores because one made a bad decision on an investment I strongly support sending oysters back when not packaged properly. Only way they learn.

Though i love oysters and are a great for of iron and a test booster packages was the correct word. Worst typo ever.

Edited by hxckid88
  • Like 2