70010 - Lion CHI Temple

lowillsw

I think mine still have a few at full retail and they never went on sale even once around me.

Same here.  They actually sold out at full retail at all the stores in my area.  I am in Tenn this weekend and have seen a good dozen at full retail.  I actually purchased a few as this set is selling solid at 150-170 now in fixed price formats.  Some auctions still go about retail or a little above but this set is doing very well.  

I haven't seem them available locally since LEGO stores had them at $83 and Target at about the same. They went very quickly at that.  I got some then but almost think this could be a $200 during the holidays at which point retail wouldn't be bad.  Only thing holding be back is it never got the full "retired" tag at LEGO , just been sold out for awhile.  

Most all the Walmarts are sold out at 119 but there was a string of about 5 yesterday that all had 4.  Anyone else still seeing these available at retail?

This set to me was overlooked by many and not many people built these up and at the price level of a T1 which I already have a lot just like everyone else I see this as doing very well in comparison for the short term in the next year or so.   

With the ad on of the Chima part of Legoland which the Lion Temple is the main focus when you walk in I could see this gaining more popularity for awhile to come.

Don't let the lack of a full retired tag bother you. This set is done. Even TRU doesn't seem to have any which is incredibly attractive. I am HOPING the Walmart holdouts drop this $20/$30 before holiday shopping madness, but if not I will have no problem buying these at full retail - this is proving to be a moneymaker already. As you said in a worst case scenario this will be flippable during the holidays for $200, even if it doesn't have long term growth potential.

Don't let the lack of a full retired tag bother you. This set is done. Even TRU doesn't seem to have any which is incredibly attractive. I am HOPING the Walmart holdouts drop this $20/$30 before holiday shopping madness, but if not I will have no problem buying these at full retail - this is proving to be a moneymaker already. As you said in a worst case scenario this will be flippable during the holidays for $200, even if it doesn't have long term growth potential.

thats what I was leaning with. If I want more I have to get now as I won't be back this way. I picked up 4 and left about 10. I just raised my cost average to right around 100 with the sale ones I bought factored in. I just thought it was weird they were in the new planogram at walmart. These were all stores that redid for fall already. Like you said even toys r us doesnt have which is a feat in itself

Pure gravy for me. These sets were readily available to me for 50% off over the spring and summer so I put together 10. And I have no problem sitting on these until 2015 X-mas just to see what highs they can hit!

While it's nice to see this set appreciating quickly, I am unloading all of mine this Christmas. Themes like chima and ninjago are only popular when the kids are into them. Ninjago has all but disappeared with the increasing popularity of chima, and chima will do the same thing once the next hot thing comes along. I plan on using the quick profits from this set on safer investments.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Can you send me a pallet ? :P Right now this set is very seeked after, and we still have some time until Xmas (all my sets found in the wild have been sold for MSRP + 50% in a few days)

I would fear to see a new lion temple coming on summer 2015, but until then this is a great set to flip.

Edited by biniou

It is a good set. If each seller bought 100+, we only need 18 resellers.

Those types of numbers are reserved for GE and T1 lol.

It is a great set and with it part of the theme park it will be seen by lots and wanted but the prospect of tru getting there hands on it could derail it.