Gotta Love eBay Messages

justafrog

I get a variety of these a few times each month, here's today's: 

I am wondering why this one paperback book is costing 24.75. There must be a mistake. If not, good luck on somebody actually buying it.

Just wondering, Thanks

What I would have liked to respond:

Dear Time-Wasting Oxygen-Wasting Numbskull - Not everything remains at its original retail price forever. Some things actually go up in value! You might find this to be true of... wait... yes, everything you ever buy. Jump in a lake.

My actual response: 

Thank you for your interest in our pricing. Many books, like other collectibles, actually have the ability to increase in value over time, depending on their availability, printing status, edition, cover art, condition, location, and many other factors.

The book in question, a relatively scarce first printing with desirable cover art from a famous author back before she was famous, of which there are only four copies on eBay. Now, mine's the highest priced by $5, but that's because I'm awesome and I'll get that. :queen: 

LOLz sounds like that person is serious and not trolling.  Why not spend the time and try to find the same thing at a cheaper price? 

Common sense but obviously this person is lack of it.  God bless humanity and may Darwinism eliminate that Time-Wasting Oxygen-Wasting Numbskull from the gene pool.

Good taste, sir. I have some and no, they are not for sale ;)

On topic, I simply ignore those messages and low ball offers....should I actually respond?

I ignore some and I politely respond to some. I don't think it matters either way, these people aren't going to become worthwhile customers regardless.

this reminds me the time i listed one of my 10179's

a mother i would presume contacted me and was telling me how disgusting i was for listing this so much over retail and i should be ashamed because no kid can afford a $2,000 lego set.

im sure she sends this to everyone and idk...hopes someone sells one cheap??? i dont know... that was odd and i didnt reply

I don't mind lowball offers, as I simply delete them.  But when someone sends me a message about 5 hours after the auction ends and asks me if the item has shipped yet drives me crazy to no end.  Especially when they have taken 5 days to pay, and then the next morning ask me if it has been sent yet.

"Did you send it yet? Is it in the mail yet? Has it shipped yet? Is it shipped yet? Have you shipped it yet? When are gonna ship it yet? Why isn't it here yet? Have you shipped it yet? Did you ship it yet? Is it being shipped yet? Have you shipped it yet? Why aren't you shipping it yet? Haven't you shipped it yet?"

23b.png

Buyer's Tip for Trolls #6: Pester the holy hell out of the seller. After doing so for a certain number of times will cause your item of purchase to magically appear from your asinine rectum and smell of bran muffins with a hint of lime confirming once and for all you are a pestering little turd one finds on the bottom of their shoe with the word "D**k" written across the forehead.

• Like 2