Is Minecraft helping Lego sales?

spener90

I can see that for many much like how the Ultimate Collector Series Millenium Falcon did for Ed (or was it the UCS Star Destroyer?). Glad to hear you are tackling an article. Good luck.

I've wanted to write one for a while, I just want to see how this works out?

I'd bet it is - Minecraft nerds love toys just like all other nerds (I know, I am one...) and most adult Minecrafters had Lego as kids.

I think Minecraft could play a huge part in it actually.  Which is why I think they pursued the deal for more sets.

I think one thing people don't take into consideration with different themes and sets is if they can bring in fans to Lego that are not already fans. For example, everyone knows what Lego is. It usually takes one great set or theme to pull someone in and then they are hooked and buy all sorts of other themes. This is especially why Licensed themes are so important. They hook people who might not care about Lego, but love Star Wars or Lord of the Rings. Once these people are hooked, they buy more themes and become Lego fans (obviously not in every instance).

Minecraft, even if it didn't sell like it is, is huge because it is a "gateway drug". It is the epitome of the "create your own world" Lego sets because it's rooted in a game that is exactly that.  I think it is one of those themes that will reach out to tons of people who aren't into Lego sets, but love video games, creation or are just huge Minecraft fans. Of these people, many will get hooked and will start buying other sets and become like us.

To me, it's the same reason why you do Jurassic Park, or Ghostbusters, or Disney Parks, etc. Pull more people in - more than just sales.

At this point that is odd.  I wouldn't blame them last year though.  When they were selling like hotcakes.

Has anyone ever bought a hotcake? :)

If you get bored, check out Amazon's reviews on the set. A bunch of people bought them last christmas when it was over $100 from a fulfilled seller and they just complained and complained because of how small it was.

Ha ha, yep. Now whom to give the "Derailer" award to.... :shifty:

Well that's nothing.  The original Ben Stiller gif I was going to put up I felt would have gotten me my first "warning point" award...

It's the scene from the end of Dodgeball... He puts on quite a bit of weight and does a little show for the camera...  I'll leave it at that.

Well that's nothing.  The original Ben Stiller gif I was going to put up I felt would have gotten me my first "warning point" award...

It's the scene from the end of Dodgeball... He puts on quite a bit of weight and does a little show for the camera...  I'll leave it at that.

OOOOHH I know pick me pick me!!!

!!@#!@ Chuck norris!