eBay Bad trader list?

Lateral-G

Would it be something to consider about putting up a 'bad trader' list of ebay sellers? I know a lot of these sellers only use their ID until they get caught then they go away but it might help, at least in some small way. I have a feeling I'm experiencing my first bad ebay Lego trader. I bought a Technic Harvester/Combine a few weeks ago and it hasn't shown up yet. The seller hasn't answered any messages or emails. or even provided a tracking number. I opened up a case today with ebay. I have to wait until Oct 5th to elevate, however. I've only had to do this once before with a seller. It was amazing how fast they shipped once the complaint was started. Although this time I think that may not be the case.......in hindsight the feedback rating of only 10 transactions should have been a clue (even though the trader has been around for almost 2 years). But I was blinded by the deal. Only a $150 but still.......

I have close to 800 purchases on EBAY and have been scammed about 20 times. EBAY does an excellent job of refunding your money and dealing with thieves. It just takes time. It is an unfortunate situation and a big pain in the @$$, but EBAY usually takes care of business very well. As for your EBAY BAD TRADER LIST, it sounds like a good idea in theory, but it would be impossible to be fair and implement it correctly. It also might break several EBAY rules and offend many people in the process. There are always two sides to every story and some innocent sellers might get accused by buyers with a grudge. Thanks for the idea though.

While they do protect buyers, there is zero protection for sellers! It is super easy to say you didn't get an item and eBay will refund your money which in turn comes out of the sellers pocket. I guarantee there are people who make a living off of ebays ridiculous buyer protection policies!

Yes, very true. Sellers need to document everything. Photos of the items sent is a nice way to prevent most issues.

As a seller and buyer on ebay, make sure you get deliver/signature confirmation on everything! Also make sure you are sending to a paypal confirmed address, unconfirmed addresses don't meet the protection criteria for sellers. Ebay going to essentially paypal only selling is kind of a hassle, since it is a monopoly for them(they own Paypal in case any of you didn't already know), but it gets rid of all the "the money order never showed up" or "my package never showed up" and there was no protection. Yes, ebay is set up to protect the buyer, but there are things sellers can do to protect themselves. Like Ed said, document things. Keep ebay messages from buyers, keep confirmation slips, etc. Any document that you have that shows a successful sale is useful. I once had a guy that claimed his baseball card never showed up, about a $300 loss for me. Luckily, I had kept pictures of the card, it was a serial #'d card, and I could eventually prove that he had scammed me. Local authorities had received enough complaints about the guy that they checked it out and found the stuff he hadn't sold yet(yes, he used his real name). Yes, he went to prison on fraud charges and since it was across state lines, it was a federal offense. I got my money back, and the satisfaction that the dude went to prison for 3 years just because I had done my due diligence and kept some sort of records of my stuff.

I hate to turn this into a "what I hate about ebay" thread but the one thing that highly irritates me is that they not only take10% of the final selling price, but also take 10% of the shipping fee as well......why would they take 10% of MY money that I am using to ship MY product? Reading through the ebay forums, there are loads of unhappy sellers out there that have defected to other auction sites.

I hate to turn this into a "what I hate about ebay" thread but the one thing that highly irritates me is that they not only take10% of the final selling price, but also take 10% of the shipping fee as well......why would they take 10% of MY money that I am using to ship MY product? Reading through the ebay forums, there are loads of unhappy sellers out there that have defected to other auction sites.

That's because a lot of sellers quote higher than actual shipping prices in the first place.

So ebay, being the thieves that they are, decided it was a good idea to rob everyone across the board.

After all it's additional income to fatten their coffers.

Other than Bricklink, what other auction sites are you referring to?

Other than Bricklink, what other auction sites are you referring to? There was a thread on one of the ebay forums about alternate auction sites that others have tried. The thread had nothing to do with LEGO just selling in general. Couldnt tell you the suggestions of the other auction sites, I wasnt paying that much attention.

Other than Bricklink, what other auction sites are you referring to? There was a thread on one of the ebay forums about alternate auction sites that others have tried. The thread had nothing to do with LEGO just selling in general. Couldnt tell you the suggestions of the other auction sites, I wasnt paying that much attention.Besides Bricklink and Ebay, there are really no major site auction sites...if you even include Bricklink as an auction site, that I know of. I believe EBAY does an overall wonderful job with their site and it's hard to deal with millions of different sellers and buyers, some of who are looking to scam people.