75013 - Umbaran MHC

davidsevern

I think this set is really cool looking and it has 3 exclusive minifigs with a 4th that is an exclusive variant. Already a decent set to part out, but it is also a Target Exclusive. I think it could really be a good sleeper because of the minifigs.

What does everyone else think?

I think the set is great. The minifigures are awesome. They are all exclusive to the set. I think the set is great to part out. The minifigures will be worth some money.

• 7 months later...

I'm glad this post was revived. I was curious what folks thoughts were prior to the great firesale of April 9th ($16.79).

Reading back thru, it seems the vast majority liked the set alot, liked the vehicle, liked the exclusive or near exclusive figures, AND liked the fact its a Target exclusive in the US making it less common.

The main complaints being, lack of knowledge of who these characters really are, as not every SW fan followed the cartoon.

All that being said, it looks like stores ARE getting more of these in stock after being wiped clean April 9th-11th via instore pickup. Had they truly gone out of stock at this point, i have no doubt these would have shot from their retail price of 50 to 75 quickly.

Another note is that they ARE still out of stock on Target.com, so perhaps the sale wiped out a significant amount. Lego still has them at 49.99 and based on previous store exclusives, it will likely linger thru Dec of this year (2 year run).

If they dry up sooner than that, i'd predict $75 value and probably max out at 90. if not, the $50 retail price will be the ceiling until its not available. Not bad for those who got them at $17

Just my thoughts.

So after the big sale these are now back in stores at $49.99 but not online that I have seen. I noticed that the product ID has changed it now has the (TGT) after the set number. I haven't seen this on any other lego sets on target online including Target exclusives.

Any ideas on what TGT stands for? Something like Target Got Taken or perhaps to keep people from PM the $16 screen shot but I don't see how that is possible since this is a Target exclusive.

Any ideas on what TGT stands for? Something like Target Got Taken or perhaps to keep people from PM the $16 screen shot but I don't see how that is possible since this is a Target exclusive.

Target Got Taken, haha. Good one. Anywho, it does sound like a good idea of making sure people are not using a screenshot when going up to customer service for a pricematch although some people can still be rather 'dedicated' at altering things to their benefit. I believe imirish has the answer about what the TGT stands for.

I'm glad this post was revived. I was curious what folks thoughts were prior to the great firesale of April 9th ($16.79).

Reading back thru, it seems the vast majority liked the set alot, liked the vehicle, liked the exclusive or near exclusive figures, AND liked the fact its a Target exclusive in the US making it less common.

The main complaints being, lack of knowledge of who these characters really are, as not every SW fan followed the cartoon.

All that being said, it looks like stores ARE getting more of these in stock after being wiped clean April 9th-11th via instore pickup. Had they truly gone out of stock at this point, i have no doubt these would have shot from their retail price of 50 to 75 quickly.

Another note is that they ARE still out of stock on Target.com, so perhaps the sale wiped out a significant amount. Lego still has them at 49.99 and based on previous store exclusives, it will likely linger thru Dec of this year (2 year run).

If they dry up sooner than that, i'd predict $75 value and probably max out at 90. if not, the $50 retail price will be the ceiling until its not available. Not bad for those who got them at $17

Just my thoughts.

I don't know - I don't see a ton in this set. I mean, its not a vehicle - just a cannon. It has some semi-exclusive variants, but honestly the value is just not there with this set.

I like the set and will build two of them, but I don't see a lot of worth past the main two figures or if you want some extra umbarans.

So after the big sale these are now back in stores at $49.99 but not online that I have seen. I noticed that the product ID has changed it now has the (TGT) after the set number. I haven't seen this on any other lego sets on target online including Target exclusives.

I stopped at several Target stores this week and the MHC's were fully stocked 5+ deep and maybe more in the stockroom.

I don't know - I don't see a ton in this set. I mean, its not a vehicle - just a cannon. It has some semi-exclusive variants, but honestly the value is just not there with this set.

I like the set and will build two of them, but I don't see a lot of worth past the main two figures or if you want some extra umbarans.

Well that answer sounds a bit different from your previous opinion. Did the online flash sale alter it or something else?

I think this set is really cool looking and it has 3 exclusive minifigs with a 4th that is an exclusive variant. Already a decent set to part out, but it is also a Target Exclusive. I think it could really be a good sleeper because of the minifigs.

What does everyone else think?

• Like 1

Well that answer sounds a bit different from your previous opinion. Did the online flash sale alter it or something else?

lol yup - my mind changed quite a bit on it for a few reasons.

One the Ahsoka variant is in the new Police Gunship which is a much more desirable set in my eyes.

The Umbarans did not sell as well as I thought they would parting out. They honestly were pretty tough to sell.

The clone trooper is the best part, but honestly with the Gunship and ATTE having clone trooper variants that were in my eyes better, once I actually compared them I just don't see the MHC one as good.

The cannon itself I finally saw built and it wasn't as big or flashy as I thought.

And then yes, the firesale on them killed it for me as well. And I have 8 months more experience. I used to think Clone Wars stuff was worth it. Not really as much now. lol.

• 3 weeks later...