4x4 crawler exclusive new bin $99.89 on eBay for real?

pat_teeth_hurt

Okay. So here is a link for everyone to see this.

That is very interesting. The seller has 0 feedback, and it says that he has five available. This sounds to good to be true. I am leaning toward that this is a scam because of the feedback, the low price, and the quantity available.

I would never touch these - ever. Even protected or not. You just never know what someone is cooking up.

Also - I think it is very important for people to understand that there are ways to redirect people to outside sites to complete checkout, even with paypal. They can pull in your paypal information and eventually fraudulently charge things to it. So yes, you are protected through Ebay, not from the outside world though.

Maybe getting 5 crawlers isn't worth someone stealing your identity or your paypal account.

Exactly, why waste your time? It's clearly not legit---it's either stolen or doesn't exist.  Again, if something's too good to be true....

Money was fully refunded.  Took two minutes.  I'm really not that upset by losing my time.  Should I have purchased them, no, but I'll get over it.

I would never touch these - ever. Even protected or not. You just never know what someone is cooking up.

Also - I think it is very important for people to understand that there are ways to redirect people to outside sites to complete checkout, even with paypal. They can pull in your paypal information and eventually fraudulently charge things to it. So yes, you are protected through Ebay, not from the outside world though.

Maybe getting 5 crawlers isn't worth someone stealing your identity or your paypal account.

Exactly. There are very talented and devious people out there that can turn very little of your information into a whole lot of headache.

Buying from these questionable eBay sellers and drop shippers always opens the possibility of a LEGO LEGO Shop at Home ban.  If you receive an illegal drop shipped item from LEGO directly, your account will be frozen.  

Not to mention you just gave these people your valid name and address and ebay account which is enough unfortunately to get a crap load of other information.