So I went to the Lego Store today and Saw Some sets

They had these out:

Sidney Opera House

Ewok Village

Tower of Orthanic

10240 X-wing

I would rate them Tower, Ewok, Sidney, X-wing

First off - The Tower of Orthanic is incredible and I will be purchasing it Monday when I go back. Its massive, Tree Beard is massive and it is about the most imposing thing I have ever seen when you walk in. The Black, an almost foot tall Charter holding orcs. Its incredible.

A close second is the Ewok Village. It just looks tons of fun. Soooo many awesome looking minifigures and the set is extremely detailed. I think it is absolutely worth the price tag even at 1990 pieces. The set is really attractive and looks great on display.

Sidney Opera House - I liked it, but I was not overly impressed. From the sides it looks pretty awesome. However, from the top it looks a little weird. The pieces on top don't come together all that well and it looks a little rough. Now, if you display it high up, no problem. I think its just too expensive though at this point. It may be like the TB and never get discounted, but I think this one should have been $250. Considering the Ewok Village was right next to it and looked a lot more impressive, it felt like a much better deal.

The X-wing - its just not that great except for the size. There is nothing that really draws me to it and $200 is outrageous. I think its going to end up like the B-wing - although I think the Bwing looks better than this set. Maybe its $99 next May the 4th? I hope so because Im not paying $200 for it for sure.

Anyone else notice these in the stores? My phone was dead but when I go back next week Ill try to get some pictures. 

They had these out:

Sidney Opera House

Ewok Village

Tower of Orthanic

10240 X-wing

I would rate them Tower, Ewok, Sidney, X-wing

First off - The Tower of Orthanic is incredible and I will be purchasing it Monday when I go back. Its massive, Tree Beard is massive and it is about the most imposing thing I have ever seen when you walk in. The Black, an almost foot tall Charter holding orcs. Its incredible.

A close second is the Ewok Village. It just looks tons of fun. Soooo many awesome looking minifigures and the set is extremely detailed. I think it is absolutely worth the price tag even at 1990 pieces. The set is really attractive and looks great on display.

Sidney Opera House - I liked it, but I was not overly impressed. From the sides it looks pretty awesome. However, from the top it looks a little weird. The pieces on top don't come together all that well and it looks a little rough. Now, if you display it high up, no problem. I think its just too expensive though at this point. It may be like the TB and never get discounted, but I think this one should have been $250. Considering the Ewok Village was right next to it and looked a lot more impressive, it felt like a much better deal.

The X-wing - its just not that great except for the size. There is nothing that really draws me to it and $200 is outrageous. I think its going to end up like the B-wing - although I think the Bwing looks better than this set. Maybe its $99 next May the 4th? I hope so because Im not paying $200 for it for sure.

Anyone else notice these in the stores? My phone was dead but when I go back next week Ill try to get some pictures. 

They had SOH and Ewoks together on display at my local shop next week. The Ewok Village looked so much better.

The ToO looks good but I keep thinking its short and stubby. The original is 150m (500ft) tall, scale that down to mini figure size it should be 14m tall. 75cm seems a  bit short :D

They had SOH and Ewoks together on display at my local shop next week. The Ewok Village looked so much better.

The ToO looks good but I keep thinking its short and stubby. The original is 150m (500ft) tall, scale that down to mini figure size it should be 14m tall. 75cm seems a  bit short :D

I mean I am not going to complain about a bigger set, but are you a giant? lol I can't imagine it being bigger.

Yes, we have switched to mostly orthanic foods too.  They are a little more expensive but I think we will be healthier in the long run.  :crazy:

Well done sir. Well done.

Here's the Maths (note the 's' :P )

150m =15000cm

A Minifigure is 5cm tall (from memory, have not got one in front of me).

15000/5 = 3000

3000cm = 30m 

Hmmm its just more than doubled in height!!!  :question: I wonder where I got 14m from. :question:

Ha - I assume you are out of school like me. 6 years of Calculus and transforms and electrical equations, and I need a calculator to add 2+2 now

I got a chance to see Orthanc during my last outing as well (they didn`t have the rest yet). Wonderful display piece, I`ll say that much. Makes me wish I bought some Orc Forges when I had the opportunity. Not the end of the world though. I`ll for sure be getting a Tower sometime next year, in no rush. My next purchase will be Tower Bridge when I`m there next week (hopefully they have some) and likely a Fire Brigade. 

Ewok VIllage looked great, so I`m happy that you agree with the in-person view. Also agree with X-Wing. Not really any reason to buy on for that much unless you want a whole series. Get the cheaper one for $75, it will do the job just fine. Hopefully May the 4th is an option again, I think all of us would be all over that at $100. 

Sydney Opera House I`m still in debate over. Might buy one just for the parts, as I really don`t want one for a display. Of course I`d build it, but then it would in theory be taken apart. Though I somehow doubt I would want to do that after spending several hours building it. Just a possibility though  :laugh:

the sydney opera house cost so much, would you even be able to sell it for more in parts? I'm always very curious for people that part out sets. I see the value and demand for minifigures, but for the blocks, unless there are a few unique pieces most of the blocks are just normal stuff.

I got a chance to see Orthanc during my last outing as well (they didn`t have the rest yet). Wonderful display piece, I`ll say that much. Makes me wish I bought some Orc Forges when I had the opportunity. Not the end of the world though. I`ll for sure be getting a Tower sometime next year, in no rush. My next purchase will be Tower Bridge when I`m there next week (hopefully they have some) and likely a Fire Brigade. 

Ewok VIllage looked great, so I`m happy that you agree with the in-person view. Also agree with X-Wing. Not really any reason to buy on for that much unless you want a whole series. Get the cheaper one for $75, it will do the job just fine. Hopefully May the 4th is an option again, I think all of us would be all over that at $100. 

Sydney Opera House I`m still in debate over. Might buy one just for the parts, as I really don`t want one for a display. Of course I`d build it, but then it would in theory be taken apart. Though I somehow doubt I would want to do that after spending several hours building it. Just a possibility though  :laugh:

I think that Target still has the Orc Forge - you should pick one up.

the sydney opera house cost so much, would you even be able to sell it for more in parts? I'm always very curious for people that part out sets. I see the value and demand for minifigures, but for the blocks, unless there are a few unique pieces most of the blocks are just normal stuff.

Sorry, I didn`t make it very clear. I meant so say that I would like to part it out just for me. I used to spend a lot of time MoC`ing and such, and have a far larger collection then I do investments. The parts would all stay with me as I agree on the resale value of parts. A bricklink store has been in the works for me for quite some time, and as I buy sets I gradually grow the inventory a bit. Still have yet to open though, I have about 20,000 parts/figs/sets listed at this point. Honestly, someone would have to run the numbers to see if Opera House is worth it. That wasn`t my initial plan though.

The tower is a must, im just waiting for a 10% off coupon from a lego magzine to go buy it. Im not into Lego star wars but to be honest i might actually get the ewok village its pretty cool.

I'm not into LEGO Star Wars either, but I have to say, that Ewok Village looks better built than the box art portrays, which is rare.  There is depth to it that isn't represented well in the photo.  In 2D it just looks like a mess.  And all those minifigures...my 3 yr old daughter would LOVE it and she has no idea what Star Wars is.

I think that Target still has the Orc Forge - you should pick one up.

Thanks for the tip, but I`m in Canada with no Target close to me. Closest is in the next city (2 hours away) and I checked out 2 on my trip at the end of July in hopes of finding a stash. Struck out completely though. Sadly Target.com doesn`t ship to Canada either. Best bet for me will likely be to watch Amazon.ca in hopes of un offer, however unlikely that is, or to see if by some crazy reason lego.ca decides to re-list them. It still says "Temporarily Out of Stock", which puzzles me. 

whereabouts in Canada? In my area, some guy is selling them on Craigslist for $50. I bought 2 from him for $90. 

Thanks for the tip, but I`m in Canada with no Target close to me. Closest is in the next city (2 hours away) and I checked out 2 on my trip at the end of July in hopes of finding a stash. Struck out completely though. Sadly Target.com doesn`t ship to Canada either. Best bet for me will likely be to watch Amazon.ca in hopes of un offer, however unlikely that is, or to see if by some crazy reason lego.ca decides to re-list them. It still says "Temporarily Out of Stock", which puzzles me.