I don't like some things Lego...

sadowsk1

Galidor was awful because it truly had absolutely nothing to do with Lego, I'll agree with that. As for Belleville, it really was centered towards young girls, wasn't it? Kind of difficult saying it was bad being a guy. I mean, I'm certainly not the targeted audience. Ha. Then again I love Friends sets but those are very well designed in my opinion. Bionicle was good but much like the current Hero Factory, the character patterns repeated themselves many times. (Every wave had six elemental heroes and sometimes villians thrown in there. Maybe even a few other 'people' figures.) A couple of the Hero Factory waves or characters weren't so good but overall I enjoy them.

I honestly have a very short list of Lego themes and/or sets I do not like.

Oh brother, another one of those studies. Anyone who thinks you learn from watching a cartoon isn't very bright themselves especially one about a talking sponge living underwater in a pineapple nextdoor to a squid and starfish, and works at a fastfood restaurant run by a cheapskate crab.

I don't like that Lego is inedible. It's not very comfortable to sleep on. Building a shelter from Lego is cost-prohibitive. When I smoke Lego it doesn't get me very high at all. I created a Lego pet but he's very lazy. Lego can't replicate complex machinery, like a tv, toaster, or terminator.

I do enjoy snapping things together and dusting. It's a give and take.

• Like 2

I am sssssoooooooooooooo glad we got rid of the stupid -1 box.  Now you can actually have a thread like this and speak your mind without people getting all butthurt and pressing that evil button.

Anyways, I like all LEGO, I just don't like the: Chima, Galaxy Squad, LOTR, Hobbit, and HERO Factory themes.

I dont like most of the stuff from LEGO, except Castle lines (excluding the new one so far), Star Wars (mostly here i like figures and few rare ships) CMF series (especially army building castle figures or some pretty cool figures like Santa Claus ...) and a few City vehicles (But I do not own any of City sets at all)

Oh and ofcourse LOTR is my number 1 theme for now...

Any box that instructs me to punch my thumb through it to open.

I can't agree more. It's almost like giving away a part of your soul when you do that. Or not. Either way, even when I try to follow the directions on the box for punching it out, I usually end up ripping up the box art. :(

• Like 1

Any box that instructs me to punch my thumb through it to open.

I can't agree more. It's almost like giving away a part of your soul when you do that. Or not. Either way, even when I try to follow the directions on the box for punching it out, I usually end up ripping up the box art. :(

I'll third this, ruining the box art for the sake of ease of opening is rediculous.  Then again, I love packaging.

Much like everyone else, I don't like Bionicle, or the Hero Factory, but the LOTR and Hobbit series have no interest to me either.  At least Galaxy Squad is an improvement from the last space theme. Castle seems to be moving the opposite direction, but how can you beat an evil skeleton army as the badguy?  They painted themselves into a corner on that one.

My 4-year-olds really enjoy the Spongebob sets, despite not really being fans of the show.  The colors and character designs are interesting enough for them it would seem.

I actually thought the Monster Hunter theme was the most cheesy thing I'd ever seen before when I first saw it.  The whole story about stealing/stealing back power gems really seemed obviously designed to force a story into the theme.  Of course in the end, I have all the sets anyway, with extras to flip.

Something about that old Native American western theme from a few years back makes me puke in my mouth a little bit when I see the actual minifigs...

Is there anyone who actually likes that Galaxy Squad mini mech polybag? Who could have thought one polybag could do so much damage!

What cheeses me is with my LOTR sets the orcs that have no ears or hair. They look ridiculous. Either one, or the other but not a standard head piece and a print. If they want to include a bald orc, find a way to put ears on it. The Goblin King ones look a bit funny but are better than nothing.

Lego's thought process behind the Iron Man 3 theme. Obviously trying to avoid spoilers, but honestly be true as you can be to the movie. Iron Patriot in a polybag for the game purchase? Fail!

Minecraft. Yes it sells. But it honestly looks like someone crapped Lego.

Large "maxi-build" sets. Ben 10, Bionicle, Hero Factory, even the Super Heroes ones. 

Limited Edition Exclusives. It brings out the worst in people.

Lego boxes. Too thin yet over sized; just a waste.

The flesh colour is offensive to me - even a different shades would have been better (I don't mind any other colour of head and hands).

Hero factory & bionicle

Friends (and all of lego's gender stereotyping)

Instructions that tell me to sort the pieces before building.

Instructions that tell me I can't put lego on the floor.

Jack Stone.

Plans to make Simpsons lego.