I don't like some things Lego...

sadowsk1

There is one thread specific to The Hobbit in regards to a person not liking the sets.  What are some things you don't like Lego?  I don't like Time Cruisers.  It reminded me of a hodgepodge of parts Lego had lying around and putting weird sets together with them.  Comeon Lego.

Guest eightbrick

Let's see. Galidor because.... it's Galidor. Clickits because they aren't even Lego, and World Racers was pretty bad too. I didn't mind Time Cruisers because I had a couple sets as a kid and they let me play with whatever theme I wanted to with a single set. But yeah, you really need some major imagination to overlook those weird designs.

For some reasons I do not like any of the Hobbit sets either, but I do like Lord of the Rings sets.  I don't know why.

Maybe it's just me?

Speaking of Bionicle, I have a big box of Bionicle parts I am about to donate to Goodwill this afternoon.  That box does not even worth my time to sell on ebay. :twitch:

I'm not a fan of Bionicle/hero factory, they are just not what I think of saying "Lego".

I don't like most of the licensed themes, believe it or not.  The idea of getting just one movie scene (and even not all characters) in a big expensive box is not attractive for me.  (yes, I know, they want me to buy entire collection, that's a "business model"...) BUT!  The most annoying thing for me is PACKAGING!  If it's a licensed theme, then you're targeting collectors too, not just kids, right?  Those huge expensive boxes are 3/4 empty, and all they contain is several bags and instructions brochures which feel soooo cheap and tear too easily.  What happened to nice paper and cool organizers you were finding in the boxes from 80s?  When did they switch to this "new style"?  It's totally fine for small sets or even City/Friends, but what's the point of making boxes so big if there is so little inside?

• Flick-fire missiles
  • Friends minifigures (sets are decent, minifigures are not official LEGO figs in my head)
  • Some of the rubber elements in different sets
  • Soccerballs, basketballs, the little projectiles that some Hero Factory set shoot. No studs whatsoever.
  • Elements without studs and minifigures can't hold them.
  • Chima Speedorz (the rest of the theme is decent enough for me)
  • The newer LEGO UCS boxes. Why can't we get plain black boxes?
  • The Darth Maul/SW icons in the upper right corner of every SW set. Let's get something LEGO related people!
  • Cardboard boxes that sets come in. I can't fit sets back in there! Why not give us plastic tubs?
  • Customer Service. Just answer my question, and quit the CS shmuck.

I guess I never minded flick fires if they really intended to be missiles where a missile should be.  But throwing them on top of Jabba's Palace and other places they just don't belong for the sake of saying that the set has another play feature is dumb.  I'm looking forward to the sleeker spring loaded shooters.

I guess I never minded flick fires if they really intended to be missiles where a missile should be.  But throwing them on top of Jabba's Palace and other places they just don't belong for the sake of saying that the set has another play feature is dumb.  I'm looking forward to the sleeker spring loaded shooters.

Come on. You don't remember the scene where Jabba's Palace was firing missiles? My favorite part of LOTR was when the Nazgul were coming after Frodo at Weathertop only to be repelled by Aragorn launching missiles at them.

• Like 3

What happened to the firemen?!!!

The orcs didn't... didn't EAT them, did they?!  :cry:

Not sure...haven't seen that guy for months. Orcs do like fire-man-flesh so not holding out much hope. But if he is alive, then he is bald...so he will need to get some sort of head wear. Maybe a 1x1 stud for him.

• Like 1

-The older style minifig magnets. The ones standing on bricks. "Magnets."

- wrinkled and bent new instruction manuals.

- Mr. Gold

- SDCC exclusives

- Star Wars price/piece ratios.

I would also say bionicle and hero factory, but i have a 5 yr old son who loves them. He won't touch bricks right now, all he wants to play with is Rocka and Furno, etc.

Great idea for a thread!

I really don`t like the Galidor or Hero Factory lines. Awful, just awful in every way. They look like cheap action figures to an extent. Bionicle is up there as well, but just knowing what it was reportedly able to do for Lego way back when makes it seem a bit better in my mind. Spongebob is "meh" as was Belville. Friends is much better, but hey, everything starts somewhere right? The Spinmaster/spinners from Ninjago aren`t that great IMHO either. Just don`t understand their presence in the Lego community. Perhaps I missed something? That`s the worst of it I`d say. Can`t really think of too much else off the top of my head haha  :D