SpongeBob SquarePants - general discussion

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You won... :whistle:

You really are quite a piece of work. Your logic is tired. If Spongebob is retiring soon then why is it not on clearance everywhere else? Again, just because target has it on clearance does not mean EOL is imminent.. It is entirely possible, but you have no concrete PROOF.

All I'm going to say is clearance sales do not necessarily mean an item will be discontinued shortly just as much as not everything does get clearanced before being discontinued or even sold out. There are too many times to account for where sets just disappeared from store shelves without touching discounts. My Walmart has never once discounted Attack on Weathertop and now it is retired (for the US at least). Online listings are a different thing altogether and don't have much to do with instore sales aside from 'friendly' retailer competition.

Maybe if we were looking at insanely heavy half off or more discounts then I could see clearance deals giving some kind of sign for future retirement, but I think it is unwise to put a lot of stock into that. In any case, I'll just go with my gut and weigh out the storm.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest eightbrick

wish i wouldve bought the sets i wouldve loved to display them.

If you are in the US as your profile states, you can pick them up from Walmart.com at retail. On Target you can buy them online for MSRP. TRU online even took the grand initiative to mark them down to retail. You still have time, the boat hasn't left the dock just yet. Check your clearance aisles before biting at retail online though. Good luck...

It's funny how my Target clearanced Spongebob Squarepants right out of the store yet Walmart still has all of them in store (for full price of course). I guess in a way while I can't count on Walmart for deals really, at least it means stock barely moves giving me ample time to pick things up at my own leisure.

• 2 weeks later...

No forum for SpongeBob so here goes...

I like this set quite a bit. 

I am a believer (at least short term) in SpongeBob at 30% off.  They are already going for above retail and once this batch is off the shelves they will never return.

Thoughts?

Guest eightbrick

Heck yeah. Lots of the old spongebob sets that were 20-30 dollars before are now approaching 100. I hope I can pick up a couple of these before they are gone...

Guest eightbrick

Heroes of the deep and the Dutchman are both good bets. Not sure about the party set though, as comicblast has said in some of his writings, there have already been a couple pineapples under the sea...

When do we think these are gonna EOL?

I'm guessing that all 4 currently produced SB sets will be retired by mid-September, which explains the nation-wide clearances on these sets. I think there was a very long thread about this, and I'll try to give you a link to it.

EDIT: Here's a link to the thread where we discussed SB retirement: http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/4383-spongebob-retiring-soontarget-clearance/?hl=spongebob

Edited by comicblast

Guest eightbrick

I left a bunch of Duthmans for $17. Maybe I should have grabbed them.

I am thinking about putting a few away.

When do we think these are gonna EOL?

Glove World and Heroes of the Deep should disappear pretty fast as they are from 2011, but the Dutchman and Party at Bikini Bottom (2012) could potentially stay around for another year. Previous sets have been around for 1-2 years average.

Huh, I bought one for $17 and was going to return it because that is about what it is selling for on ebay...

There are none in stock in my area. I haven't seen a Glove world either. All the local walmart have only the Heroesos the Deep left. I doubt the Dutchman will be a set that gets rehashed by lego anytime soon.

Guest eightbrick

i've always wanted a SB set because I like them (and i want a pineapple under the sea!) but the only place i can find them is at TRU!! noooo!

All can be found at Canadian retail at the following sites:

Mastermind Toys (retail locations in Alberta and Ontario)

http://www.mastermindtoys.com/catalog/searchresults.aspx?search=lego+spongebob

Walmart (online only, most likely free shipping)

http://www.mastermindtoys.com/catalog/searchresults.aspx?search=lego+spongebob

PlayValueToys (not sure if the 20% off promo is still on, but they have the Krusty Krab Adventures - unfortunately for above market value Just kidding with the new update it is worth more now - gogogo!)

http://www.playvaluetoys.com/categories/LEGO%C2%AE/SpongeBob-SquarePants/

Save some KKAs for the rest of us :D Hope that helped!