SpongeBob SquarePants - general discussion

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care what brickpedia says, a set is not retired until it is retired at lego.com (which is does not). It also does not say retiring soon, which would indicate an imminent retirement...

TLG doesn't always label products as "Retiring Soon". They usually just give sets the label if they want to move their inventory fast. Often, sets can have this label for weeks! Perhaps not so imminent...

TLG doesn't always label products as "Retiring Soon". They usually just give sets the label if they want to move their inventory fast. Often, sets can have this label for weeks! Perhaps not so imminent...

thanks, man....

Topic is "Retiring soon", means next 6 month or so, not retired in 2013.:)

Oh! I didn't know this. So I can't rely on a "retiring soon" tag to pop up for me when I'm browsing sets at Lego.com? Bummer, I've been trying to prioritize some ordering dollars that way.

So please show me where these sets are "retiring soon" that is not pure speculation at this point? Oleg doesn't count as a reliable source for me..

Are they're any sales on this set at target or Walmart? I have a 400$ Walmart gift card is consider using on just spongebob if

I can find a deal

Good for you...  No need to be a jerk..

Let's refrain from letting this go any further. Not only is it pointless, it gets your hard earned reputation points burned.

Not to disagree with you on this particular thing, but for further reference, Brickipedia has been wrong before. I was looking around for a complete list of UCS SW models and came a cross Brickipedia. I was like "Hey, this has the word brick in it, and pedia. It must be reliable, right?" (Maybe not exactly like that, but it was a long time ago). Lo and behold, it was wrong. There were several sets added such as Cloud City, AT-AT, etc. etc. Make sure that you double check it with other sources.

Just so ya'll don't make the same mistake as me: A Star Wars set that has a 10xxx number is not a UCS set. It is simply a LEGO exclusive, which was the reason for this misconception.

I know I have been in a forum for too long when I actually remember this specific thread.  Everyone was correcting (to put it mildly) comicblast on his list of UCS sets :P

Spongebob theme retired tbis year....even 5th grader knows that.... ;)...see brickipedia link

Let's refrain from letting this go any further. Not only is it pointless, it gets your hard earned reputation points burned.

I'm just standing up for myself, I refuse to let anyone talk to me condescendingly..  Even on the internet..

• Like 1

I know I have been in a forum for too long when I actually remember this specific thread.  Everyone was correcting (to put it mildly) comicblast on his list of UCS sets :P

Not one of my proudest moments. It was me and Rich B that thought that we could trust Brickipedia. :P

I'm still interested to know where it says that the Spongebob sets are retiring this year? Because I don't see it. Just because it is on clearance at Target does not equal EOL...

Yes, I agree with you. Right after the Christmas holidays, I saw a Stormer XL half off at Target. It's still for sale today. I guess it's just our investment side of us, flairing up again. Really, nothing is retired until TLG says so.  :queen:

Yes, I agree with you. Right after the Christmas holidays, I saw a Stormer XL half off at Target. It's still for sale today. I guess it's just our investment side of us, flairing up again. Really, nothing is retired until TLG says so.  :queen:

Personally, I'm banking on 3818 being a winner since I picked 6 up earlier this year at Wal-Mart for $35... Plus, having built one with my daughter, I can say that it was a pretty fun build..

It looks like it's no longer available (the posts before yours were from the 12th). Don't feel bad, I missed it, too - I still have so much to learn!

It must have disappeared at the end of last weekend bc I was able to print one out then. It says it expires 7/20 so it's weird why they would take it down. Anyway if it helps here's the promo code on my copy: TGEFGHNP

That's for the website. Not sure if a cashier could ring it up or if u need the barcode.

It was just one set, not whole theme as now with Spongebob.... :yes: