Warm deal

willy431

http://providence.craigslist.org/tag/3994079600.html

Grabbed this lot this morning.

Complete hogwarts castle, diagon alley, castle extension, burrow, bunch of small city and star wars, mill raid castle set, and ice dragon--all figures for each set and threw in one of those big lego head sorters.  No boxes, but all instructions.  Ok deal for 300.

No......but I wish I did! In retrospect....that was a bargain! My wife and I are 3 hours in already, and have the burrow done...and only 25% of castle. We both make ~25/hr at our day jobs.....so yeah. Still have to build the castle expansion...the alley.....and there are a ton of star wars, castle, city and cmf figures mixed in. Fun stuff.....for the first hour anyway.

So I had another slight lego epipheny. My wife and I....and a little help from our 5 year old (but mostly a hinderance as he likes to make his own things with parts we are searching for) completed the hogwarts castle and the burrow. We both feel the same way..now that they are built. There is 0 chance we would sell these for 200 and 100 respectively....netting us 240 after fees. 0 chance. That...plus selling the completed hogwarts extension set for 60 ish after fees would net us what we spent on the lot...plus we still have the alley, ice dragon and a bunch of other castle and city/indiana jones sets for free..or profit.

Anyways...back to our thoughts. These sets are absolutely gorgeous. Beautiful. They are a veritable bargain even at todays double prices. We still have 2 more hogwarts castles and another burrow to piece together from another 2 bulk mixed lots we bought...but we are keeping them. Boxing up 2 for the closet and keeping one on play/ display.

When we started legoing a couple years ago....we didnt get star wars legos...and we still dont get it. They are drab, ugly, have almost no playability. These potter sets are gorgeous and fun....like the lotr sets. Exciting and wonderful colors. We love the star wars movies...but dont get the hype on the sets. But money is never wrong...and its chasing the old sw sets. I think these old potter sets from 2010 are gold. The castle complete used should be selling for 300, burrow for 200 in same condition. I wont sell mine for 200 and 100. And I am buying used sets for 60% of going ebay sold rates when I can get them. And they seem to be in abundance.

I would say better than an OK deal. Hogwarts castle goes for 200+ on EBay without a box or instructions. Burrow around 100. You should make 100-200 bucks selling all of it.

Man I just want to find one Harry Potter deal. My wife wants the sets so bad. Lol

Wait two years. About every other lot on CL will have Harry Potter. Right now I'm finding so many lots with Indian Jones, Fantesy Era Castle, The last pirate theme, 2008-2010 city & Star Wars. It seems that collections of 13 year olds who are now more interested in video games are usually what's coming to market and since those are the sets that where out while the kids were 7-10 years these collections are full of this stuff.

Wait two years. About every other lot on CL will have Harry Potter. Right now I'm finding so many lots with Indian Jones, Fantesy Era Castle, The last pirate theme, 2008-2010 city & Star Wars. It seems that collections of 13 year olds who are now more interested in video games are usually what's coming to market and since those are the sets that where out while the kids were 7-10 years these collections are full of this stuff.

Agreed. Those trends are noticeable as certain generations make the jump to other hobbies. It often seems to occur with the onset of middle-high school. 14 or 15 year old going into high school wants to dump his Legos because its embarassing to have them when the "dudes" all come over or there just isn't space for them because he's/she's getting into the older stuff. So we start seeing the sets that were in circulation from the time that kid was 7-12 or 13 years old. Kids that are 15 now were probably pretty heavy into sets around 2007-2010...Indiana Jones, etc.