Polybags - general discussion

Any polybaggers around here?  

362 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a polybag collector?

• I am a serious polybag collector and must have at least one for my personal collection.
    • I am a casual polybag collector and only buy what I like.
    • I do not collect polybags.
  2. 2. Do you invest in polybags?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends

If you ever get to the point of dozens of sales per week, peel and stick labels are the way to go. When bought in bulk peel and sticks are very cost effective and a real time saver. I remember doing a cost analysis on the amont of tape used and the price per lable...you may be surprised. When using plain paper, it is recommended not to tape over the bar code...so that scans work.  And remember set your printer to draft to save on ink.

• Like 1

I went to USPS and it looks like $2.32 for base shipping plus $1.05 for tracking. That seems higher than what I am hearing here.

I selling on Ebay, you should be buying the postage through them, best price USPS and tracking auto loaded for buyers. 

Agsimpson, any tips on where to get the peel stick for a good price?   I don't sell tons but it is always a batch as I run it across the border for US buyers and those would make it a heck of a lot easier.

I cannot imagine selling anything on Ebay without having a postage scale. For one thing knowing how much something weighs helps predetermine your shipping costs and target selling price.  Sometimes if Ihave something barely over 13 ounces (cut-off for First Class) and am shipping in a box, I can cut a flap off the box to get to13.

The main reason is to avoid going to the Post Office, which is more overhead better spent elsewhere. I always build a relationship with my Mailman and USPS guy...A bottle Of Jack Daniels does wonders for getting great service. You can schedule USPS to pick-up from your home...They will pick-up multiple packages as long as one of them is Priority Mail. Many times it is well worth the bump up in cost to upgrade from Parcel Post to Priority Mail to get this service...Especially around Christmas.  Screw those lines...If i have five packages ready to ship...one will definitely be Priority Mail.  My Mailman has done this day after day in the middle of December with a smile because I have befriended him and Because I take care of him year round...A Bottle of Jack once in a while and giving him excess inventory items I cant get rid of are part of my overhead.

Edited by Agsimpson13

• 1 month later...

I really like polybags. I have gathered a rather large collection in 2-3 years time (around 40 or 50 different ones). I mostly like and collect the ones with mini figures in it. Those are worth collecting IMO. With my disease called completionism it is a danger path to enter... ;)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I searched for a topic, but didn't see anything.

I'd like to see a discussion / place listing current polybags that are out there in the wild.  What's currently on general sale?  What are you seeing at your local TRU, Target, Walmart, Legoland, etc?

As we are discussion, I'll comb through posts on a monthly basis and post a list of the current items for sale in one spot (either updating this post, or just posting a new item each month).

I'm aware that things are different at different places around the country (and world), but, in general, this will give you a good idea of what might be out there to find.  The other day, I was thinking of picking up a particular polybag, but then realized it was out in January, and went on sale after Easter, so it probably wasn't worth to try to find it.

I need to a list to get started with - for instance, I know the Winter Soldier poly is available this month.  But what else is out there?  What are we seeing out there?  And, is this going to be helpful?

Great!  This is a great way to start!

I realize that perhaps this is mistitled then, considering the other thread.  That one sounds better for general discussion - maybe this should be something more along the lines of "Polybags - Current Offerings"

Could a mod change the title?  That will keep this thread unique from the other thread.

I found no polybags at my TRU or SuperWalmart yesterday. The two Targets near me are packed with the 30314 Go Kart Racer as well as a Chima offering that I haven't bothered to look at. A few days ago I found four 30246 Star Wars Imperial Shuttles shoved on one hook at the checkout, so I grabbed those. I'm a sucker for SW. My son loves them, too. Will check another TRU and SuperTarget later this week to see if they have anything different.

​I doubt it, they'll have to hit in bigger numbers at some point and probably tied to a Jokerland promotion.  I did pick-up an A-Wing polybag today at Legoland, which is the first time I've seen them.

Agreed. The Joker Bumper Car just hasn't hit anywhere in any capacity yet. I think you are right - it might be tied to Jokerland's release.
  • Like 1

http://brickset.com/sets/year-2015/tag-polybag is a great resource to get this started.

​ Thanks.  That was a great place to start.  It doesn't have everything, nor is it up to date on everything, but it was a great starting point.

I've been trying to figure out the best format for this.  I think what I will do is maintain a spreadsheet of all the none polybags for the year, and then post a monthly update.  I will need to get input from everyone throughout the month as to what polybags you're seeing - this table is only as good as the input it gets.  But with any luck, we'll be able to find polys that we want easier.

Here's the list as it stands now.  Please continue to help me out.

Set #ThemeSet NameLocationsStatusUpdated By
30112FriendsEmma's Flower StandTRUCurrentpstebbing
30188CreatorCute KittenTRUCurrentElkkthunder
30202FriendsSmoothie StandTargetGone (Jan 2015)Alpinemaps
30203FriendsMini GolfLego.comGone (Jan 2015)Alpinemaps
30204FriendsWish FountainLegolandGone (Jan 2015)Alpinemaps
30205FriendsPop Star   
30217DuploDuplo Forest Random Bag   
30218DuploDuplo Snail   
30228CityPolice ATVKmartCurrentjay4e
30246Star WarsImperial ShuttleTargetCurrentBrickChick
30256ChimaIce Bear MechTRUCurrentElkkthunder