Unfortunately I have to make some returns ???

Guest eightbrick

I see what you did there ;)

Whoa, where did your other comment go? I thought you made some good points on that one!  :thumbsu:

Guest eightbrick

It did have good points but was in response to a post that was deleted so I had to delete mikes as well, let's not feed the trolls.

Ah, I see. I'll give him a rep point anyway.

If they let me return all of them at one location im going to keep checking that store to see if they discount the returns even more.

While i surely think all your stuff doing is legal this in quoted above is what i consider immoral...

if you return all items to Walmart and then hunt the same walmart untill hopefully (for you) they discount it even deeper/lower that for me is immoral and bordering on fraud even if it would fall on the court... 

Managers of shops need to start identifying people doing this and stop selling them LEGO on discounts for their ways of ''abusing'' the discounts.

• Like 1

I agree with both of you. This situation is a textbook case of policy abuse. Retro it sucks for you that you're a newbie AND you didn't do your homework before dropping your entire allowance on Lego. But them's the breaks.

I would never purposely defend walmart, but their return policies are quite generous and lenient. Too many people like you take advantage, we can all kiss it goodbye. Anyway im sure you won't have too much hassle returning all that junk, this time. Try to be a bit more careful in the future.

I dont see any thing wrong with returning the sets to walmart it is there policy after all. Like I said, I will call walmart and ask if its ok to bring them all to one store. If they say no then i will return SOME of the sets to the 4 store locations were i purchased them from. Did walmart and lego still make money ?? Yes. DId i go on a shopping rampage yes i did lol. I also had fun doing it, it was kinda a rush. Did i learn something from it from this great site and a lot of cool people. Yep.

The bottom line is that returning those sets back to walmart is there policy, and thinking that returning them will effect your lego investing is just ridiculous. Like i said before, Lego has developed a strong policy against resale and investing, but none of you are going to obey that any time soon are you. I just started doing this 2 weeks ago. Look at your self instead of pointing the finger at someone else for a change.

I dont see any thing wrong with returning the sets to walmart it is there policy after all. Like I said, I will call walmart and ask if its ok to bring them all to one store. If they say no then i will return SOME of the sets to the 4 store locations were i purchased them from. Did walmart and lego still make money ?? Yes. DId i go on a shopping rampage yes i did lol. I also had fun doing it, it was kinda a rush. Did i learn something from it from this great site and a lot of cool people. Yep.

The bottom line is that returning those sets back to walmart is there policy, and thinking that returning them will effect your lego investing is just ridiculous. Like i said before, Lego has developed a strong policy against resale and investing, but none of you are going to obey that any time soon are you. I just started doing this 2 weeks ago. Look at your self instead of pointing the finger at someone else for a change.

I think what you're doing is fine UNTILL you will hunt down the same sets in those same walmarts in hope of further discounts.... now thats just immoral and plain wrong.... leave them there and not buy those sets again ...

While i surely think all your stuff doing is legal this in quoted above is what i consider immoral...

if you return all items to Walmart and then hunt the same walmart untill hopefully (for you) they discount it even deeper/lower that for me is immoral and bordering on fraud even if it would fall on the court... 

Managers of shops need to start identifying people doing this and stop selling them LEGO on discounts for their ways of ''abusing'' the discounts.

Yea sure fraud im an immoral criminal and should be taken to court. Get real man hope that communism keep working for you out there.

Yea sure fraud im an immoral criminal and should be taken to court. Get real man hope that communism keep working for you out there.

If what you are doing is not wrong .. why would the walmarts you call say no on returning them all at once? I think you bought all those sets to take pictures at home show off how cool you are ... and now using this as a way to get attention or somthing lol .. pretty lame

Guest eightbrick

He wasn't accusing you of any of that, just saying that if he returned sets for more than he paid he would feel bad about it, and that Walmart should work towards preventing practices where one does that. Besides, Slovenia is a democratic country, and as foreign as the name may sound to us Westerners, it is  a small country next to Italy, not some east europe dictatorship (which there are none, really). Their economy is basically as capitalist as the US'. I'm not trying to take sides here, though, so let's get back on topic: have you decided how many Wargs you are keeping?

Awwww another but.thurt  boy out here....  If someone does not agree with what he is doing then attack him with made out facts...

btw kiddo, communism never existed, go back to history classes and read what communism really was supposed to be. Bad insult ...

Guest eightbrick

If what you are doing is not wrong .. why would the walmarts you call say no on returning them all at once? I think you bought all those sets to take pictures at home show off how cool you are ... and now using this as a way to get attention or somthing lol .. pretty lame

I don't know who is trying to get attention. He came here to ask for honest advice on his purchase, and given the size of his haul you can't blame him from wanting some reassurance from fellow BrickPickers. And  never on this site did anyone say or think that a big haul was "cool". We all have money, some more than others. If you want to base someone's worth on how much money they have, I suggest you join a high-end country club. I hear the people there are very "cool".

PS: Diabolos is right, let's get back on topic now.

Are you keeping the fireboats? I highly recommend you do.

I like the sarcasm Diabolos I hope your investing takes a dive like a rock in a lake, maybe. Im done with this post, just goes to show you have to really be careful with what you say and what you show people. There are to many people who like to judge you, all hypocrites.

I like the sarcasm Diabolos I hope your investing takes a dive like a rock in a lake, maybe. Im done with this post, just goes to show you have to really be careful with what you say and what you show people. There are to many people who like to judge you, all hypocrites.

I didn't judge you. In fact, really only Alcarin did, but that's his schtick and it keeps people on their toes.

Anyway what others and I are trying to tell you is: if you regret your purchases, there are better ways to move forward than dumping 30 sets on a walmart customer service desk, or spending all night getting self-defensive because you made a rushed decision and folks called you on it.

What good's an argument if you don't learn nothing?

My reply regarding shady practices was not at the practice of holding the sets or returning those sets. It was in reply to this comment and I quote: "Return half and keep the other half until your 90 day marker to see if anything potentially could change the way the investment turns out(ie: retirement)"

I take offense at that idea that! Sure if a few people do that with a few items, Walmart won't notice nor really care, but if it becomes wholesale abuse, Walmart might just decide to change the policy. I'm advocating for taking advantage of Walmart's policy but not abusing it or we all may lose... Or at least those who shop Walmart... And until recently starting Lego investing I hadn't been to a Walmart for a few years now.

I didn't judge you. In fact, really only Alcarin did, but that's his schtick and it keeps people on their toes.

Anyway what others and I are trying to tell you is: if you regret your purchases, there are better ways to move forward than dumping 30 sets on a walmart customer service desk, or spending all night getting self-defensive because you made a rushed decision and folks called you on it.

What good's an argument if you don't learn nothing?

And even i did not judge his idea of returning items... I think thats fair and allright... the only thing i feel personally is wrong and I would never approve (and i think many more would also not) is going to those same Walmarts and looking for items you returned go higher on discount and then buy them...  

To me thats the other coin of returning discounted items and get refunded retail price, its just the other way around to me.

You came here looking for advice and I believe you got a lot of good advice, as did anyone else looking at some of the same sets. For you to get defensive about it is not a good sign of sportsmanship. You are bound to get some people agitated with this kind of post. You gotta roll with the blows.

This thread has been locked. To the OP it is the consensus that unless you take back the sets with a receipt and get back only what you paid, you are being shady. Is what you are doing within walmarts policy? Yep. Is it shady and immoral? Yep. All the advice you were given by members was the moral and just thing to do. Its up to you what you choose to do. As you can see 99% of the members here are hard working honest people and if you choose to be dishonest and take the easy way out, you are going to catch some flack for it. Just take the sets back and get what you paid for them or do some work, sell them and make a few bucks while learning from your mistake. Walmart doesn't owe you anything for your time or your bad judgment in purchaing but I have a feeling you feel that way. Just go do what you do. Its your decision and you are the one who has to live with it.

• Like 2