TRU 15% 8/11 to 8/17 in store and online - Hard to Find Items

pat_teeth_hurt

TRU has a 15% off promo going from 8/11 to 8/17. It includes all lego sets except for sale items (those with a list price crossed out and another price above it) and this sale includes hard to find items. The promo code is EXTRA15. Note that it is very likely that your online purchase when entered will not honor the discount. But if you call TRU at the time you are ready to place the order, they will process it correctly. If you call TRU after, they will likely give you a credit once the order processes. I went through this process and spent several hours just making sure that this promo is legit.

This is actually a good deal for some sets that typically do not go on sale and if they do, they are small percent sales - like on the hard to find items. As many are aware, TRU marks up prices on some sets so the discounts aren't really discounts if you compare it to regular-priced items elsewhere. However, there are some deals this time. To name a few good deals that qualify:

Death Star 399.99

Super Star Destroyer 399.99

Fire Brigade 149.99

Grand Emporium 149.99

Pet Shop 149.99

You can get all the above at 15% off. There are limited quantities (like 1 for DS, SSD, and 2 for FB and GE, and 3 for Pet Shop).

The discount is applied to the entire purchase and can only be used once so for those looking to get some Hard to find items on sale, now is your chance. Just don't waste your time on those sets that are on sale as identified above (does not qualify) and those sets that are marked up like R2D2, winter village, etc (not really a good deal). Good luck!

P.S. You can't combine this with other offers including the 15% for opening up a new credit card when purchasing online. If you purchase in-store, they may be able to stack offers but it will depend on who you get to process your order.

• Like 3

Correct. Online order will likely not apply 15%. Once you know what to buy, call 1-800-toysrus to place your order so they give you the discount. Remember sale items are not included. Example - palace cinema list price is 189.99 and their price is 149.99. This is considered a sale even though most other places sell this for 149.99 as their reg price. Since both these figures are on the website, this is considered a sale. All lego sets that only show one price only will qualify.

I placed an order today and called customer service and they gave me the 15% discount so this is all based on actual experience and several reps from tru customer service who verified with their supervisors that the discount should apply.

A couple other good deals qualifying for 15% are:

Town Hall 199.99

Haunted House 179.99

TRU has a 15% off promo going from 8/11 to 8/17. It includes all lego sets except for sale items (those with a list price crossed out and another price above it) and this sale includes hard to find items. The promo code is EXTRA15. Note that it is very likely that your online purchase when entered will not honor the discount. But if you call TRU at the time you are ready to place the order, they will process it correctly. If you call TRU after, they will likely give you a credit once the order processes. I went through this process and spent several hours just making sure that this promo is legit.

This is actually a good deal for some sets that typically do not go on sale and if they do, they are small percent sales - like on the hard to find items. As many are aware, TRU marks up prices on some sets so the discounts aren't really discounts if you compare it to regular-priced items elsewhere. However, there are some deals this time. To name a few good deals that qualify:

Death Star 399.99

Super Star Destroyer 399.99

Fire Brigade 149.99

Grand Emporium 149.99

Pet Shop 149.99

You can get all the above at 15% off. There are limited quantities (like 1 for DS, SSD, and 2 for FB and GE, and 3 for Pet Shop).

The discount is applied to the entire purchase and can only be used once so for those looking to get some Hard to find items on sale, now is your chance. Just don't waste your time on those sets that are on sale as identified above (does not qualify) and those sets that are marked up like R2D2, winter village, etc (not really a good deal). Good luck!

P.S. You can't combine this with other offers including the 15% for opening up a new credit card when purchasing online. If you purchase in-store, they may be able to stack offers but it will depend on who you get to process your order.

Mine will in store - just ask the manager and a lot of times they will. Mine doesn't carry exclusives unfortunately.

I am gonna go there later and see if they forgot to mark up any prices. I have some gift cards so I may be able to swing a good deal.

If not, I'll call in and see if I can get a Haunted House or two for $153

• Like 1

How did that take several hours?

I'm not following your question. This thread is about saving 15%.

But must you know - it involved several phone calls to customer service, adding and subtracting orders, looking into other promos, identifiying what items qualify and don't qualify. I wrote a lot of detailed information to save others the hassle of finding out that the discount does not apply.

• Like 1

I appreciate it, just ordered a Haunted House.  I was just curious.

My frustration is more directed towards TRU and how much time we all spend looking at their deals that don't turn out to be deals at all and then the threads start talking about how bad TRU is and there is no longer content about the thread header. I'm trying to avoid that here so deleted my original lenghty explanation of all the things I went through to dot the i's and cross the t's.

Glad to hear you got the Haunted House. I know a lot of people on this site have been waiting for some kind of deal on that. This is one of the better ones so far other than the Amazon sale a few months back.

I called and couldn't get them to give me the 15% on the Haunted House. They said that it didn't apply to the Lego Promotion so it didn't qualify for any promotions.

Call again until they process it. I called three times for various issues and got three diff reps all agreeing that lego qualifies for 15% off as long as it is not on "sale". This isn't a lego promo so that is irrelevant for the 15% off. so the next way tru excludes lego in general sales is by listing lego as an exclusion. It does not list lego in the details of exclusions as it commonly had in the past. So it qualifies.

I called and couldn't get them to give me the 15% on the Haunted House.  They said that it didn't apply to the Lego Promotion so it didn't qualify for any promotions.

I called and got 15 percent off a Haunted House without a problem.  I would say try again.

No go for me either. Lady told me I was getting free shipping so I couldn't get the 15% off also. Bummer.

Try again. All the writing on the wall says that the sale is legit (unless already on "sale"). This particular reason is evidence of this particular customer service not knowing what they're talking about. Ask for a supervisor if they still refuse. Here is the exact promo wording when you click on the 15% - note that it even emphasizes free shipping as part of the 15% deal:

15% off your regular-priced purchase

Use promo code EXTRA15 at checkout

Excludes RED HOT deals, HOT PRICE items, presell items, promotional items, sale items, clearance items, baby food, diapers, formula, wipes, Baby Jogger, Bob Strollers, Boppy Bare Naked pillow, Britax, Bugaboo, ERGObaby, Mamas & Papas, Maxi-Cosi car seats, Medela breast pumps, Motorola, Pediped, Peg P

Tried again, cannot be combined with any other special offers, so since they're adding that Chima Polybag they won't let me have the 15%. They are so freaking frustrating. So if any of you can get a deal, congratulations, you are a better sweet talker and have more patience than me. Double bummer :hmm: Oh well, win some you lose some.

I planned on waiting a few days in case more HH came back in stock, but decided to use the "chat" function on their site to inquire about HH stock.  The rep informed me that HH has been discontinued and will no longer be back in stock on their website.   Hmm....