Minifigure Identification & Valuation Thread

Fcbarcelona101

Question

Please help me determine the value of this Lego Store exclusive minifigure pack.

These two entries happen to be the same one.

5000023 - Grand Opening of Lego Store in Essen, Germany for 2013 (date of event unknown)

6001096 - Grand Re-opening of Lego Store in Colorado Mills, Denver on March 23-25 of 2012

Average of Sales

eBay: $68 (only 1 sold so far)

Bricklink: $20-$30

These minifigures do not have the store location and date of event printed onto the back of their torsos so they are not worth as much as most other Grand Opening exclusives. Additionally, the packaging itself does not state the location, event, or limited edition number typically found on these items.

11 minutes ago, uaford said:

Any idea which minifig pieces these are? I bought some minifigs and a few of them had the wrong heads/hair. Thanks!!IMG_0041.JPGIMG_0041.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

The hair is this: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=93217&idColor=11#T=P&C=11

glasses head is 3626cpb1841

other head is 3626bpb0660

• Like 2

Just as I thought.

I asked because I was surprised at its price on eBay. (There're few more sold packs as 5000023, though.) Those buyers must think it's a limited edition pack.

I just got this free pack at a Lego store at Houston yesterday but don't believe it's really that valuable as eBay seller described. Maybe it was once rare but not so much anymore. Gonna keep it for myself. Thank you.

Wondering if there is a resource out there for identifying loose minifigures, other than just "the knowledge"

Im looking at buying these, but I cant really tell if its a good selection or not..it isnt just the minifigures, all the other set bits for $150.

Thanks !

post-14569-0-94328300-1377794037.jpg

A lot of people, including myself use Bricklink, which is very handy. Only thing is it requires a general idea of where each figure/part came from because the site is divided into categories. This lot looks to be mostly mix-and-match to be honest, so finding certain ones in the data base won`t be easy seeing as there won`t be very many exact matches. That said you can also use it to match parts like torsos and heads individually. 

As far as the lot itself is concerned, it is mostly mix and match like I said. Quite a bit of variety, but almost a bit too much if you know what I mean. If you are buying it, I`d only do so if you want the parts for a personal collection. I would encourage you to give Bricklink a try though and decide for yourself. If you`de like a hand browsing the data base there, I`m happy to help  :thumbsup:

After seeing the second photo, I would suggest trying to get a much lower price on the lot (assuming it is only the 2 photos?). $150 is too much for everything IMHO. 

EDIT: The 3rd photo popped up. I`d still say try to get a better price then $150. Maybe try $100 maximum. $75-$80 would be ideal IMO. I agree with Quacs (post below mine), you are going to be putting in too much effort and money to try and generate profit much less your money back. Even if it is for your personal stock, too much incomplete items. Cheap is the only way I`d pick this up. 

Yeah, not seeing a lot of value here.  I think you would be lucky to make your money back on the $150.  The Indy figs are all missing hats, the Indy CCCP soldiers are okay, there's a Palpatine with cape that could be decent, but I'm not sure which one it is, the Royal Guard is missing its cape, the rock monsters are okay but not great, and the rest are meh.  I could have missed 1-2 good ones, but I don't think there's much meat on that bone.  If you average $1 per fig plus the best case scenario for the figs listed above, you're not breaking even.

Pass-

*edit* I suppose the Tauntaun is worth $6-7, and there appears to be a half complete 7206 Fire Helicopter, but you're still going to be pouring money into this you will not get out.