US College Football Thread (National Champion Poll included)

DoNotInsertIntoMouth

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for the National Champion

• Alabama
    • Ohio State
    • Georgia
    • Oregon
    • Stanford
    • South Carolina
    • Other

I live 10 minutes from Royal Memorial stadium where the Longhorns play, but since I'm not actually from Texas, I'm not exactly a true fan. I will root for them against most teams, though. I lived in CA for years but hate USC.  

Amen to that!  I'm in the heart of SC country in So Cal, but am also a fan of anyone that plays SC.

No, haven't made it up there yet. I hear tickets, parking, and food are just ridiculously expensive, and that's saying alot considering those things are already expensive at just about any stadium.

I bet it is. The Final Four is there next year and UofL has a decent chance to be back there again. I really want to go just to see the place.

No, haven't made it up there yet. I hear tickets, parking, and food are just ridiculously expensive, and that's saying alot considering those things are already expensive at just about any stadium.

You hear correct. I am a season ticket holder (not because I am a cowboys fan, because I am a football fan and I live 30 feet from the stadium) Here is a rundown of the prices Parking, minimum 65 dollars and will run all the way up to 130. I sell my parking spaces for 85 a piece and people say that's a steal because its a 45 second walk to the gate. Beers are 9 bucks a piece and they only sell miller lite Yuck!! mix drinks will run you anywhere from 13 to 19 dollars depending on the drink. Nachos will run you 10 bucks sodas will run you 6 bucks. depending on where you get your tickets they range from 45 to 400. So yeah its a bit pricey. I am also a rangers season ticket holder and their concession prices are lower but since they have been doing good for the last 3 or so years the prices are on the rise.  

You hear correct. I am a season ticket holder (not because I am a cowboys fan, because I am a football fan and I live 30 feet from the stadium) Here is a rundown of the prices Parking, minimum 65 dollars and will run all the way up to 130. I sell my parking spaces for 85 a piece and people say that's a steal because its a 45 second walk to the gate. Beers are 9 bucks a piece and they only sell miller lite Yuck!! mix drinks will run you anywhere from 13 to 19 dollars depending on the drink. Nachos will run you 10 bucks sodas will run you 6 bucks. depending on where you get your tickets they range from 45 to 400. So yeah its a bit pricey. I am also a rangers season ticket holder and their concession prices are lower but since they have been doing good for the last 3 or so years the prices are on the rise.  

Good lord I would spend a grand going to the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Topics merged - no issues with US college football thread, but we don't need multiples on a Lego investing site.

I edited title to the more generic "US College Football Thread".  Poll should have transferred to the new combined thread.

Its not that big of deal, but this kills the thread - the question is what would draw people to it. Doesn't matter though.

Say what you want about Saban, but he's built an empire at Alabama.  Will be hard to vote against them.  The whole SEC will be better than any other conference, it's as simple as that as hard as it is to admit it since I'm not from there.  With Nebraska being in the Big 10 now, I try to follow those teams more now as opposed to Big 12, but I think there it will be Ohio St. and then everybody else in the BIG.

Currently a third year undergraduate student with senior status at The University of Iowa...GO HAWKEYES!

It's too bad they started doing poorly when I came to the University. Mostly since our entire defensive line graduated, Vandenberg was a horrible QB, and Coker couldn't catch the football for the life of him. Still fun tailgating and enjoying the sights and sounds.

Fun fact: When Kinnick Stadium fills up for a Hawkeye football game, it becomes the third biggest "city" in Iowa with roughtly 78,000+ people. GO HAWKS!

post-11290-0-47070200-1377498509_thumb.jpost-11290-0-95932200-1377498517.jpg

• 2 weeks later...