US College Football Thread (National Champion Poll included)

DoNotInsertIntoMouth

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for the National Champion

• Alabama
    • Ohio State
    • Georgia
    • Oregon
    • Stanford
    • South Carolina
    • Other

What is your favorite College Football team  - or who do you root for?

I am from Kentucky and went to the university of Louisville so I am a big UofL fan. Coming in ranked in the top 10.

If I wasn't spoiled enough, I live in Alabama and they have always been my close second place team as most of my cousins attended the school. They are ranked number 1 coming off 3 championships in 4 years!

Let's hear it - who do you root for?

Glad to hear you're not a Bama fan! I went to and pull for Auburn. If you didn't know, you guys picked up one of our former RB's a few days ago, Michael Dyer. He might be just a little out of football shape not having played in a few years, but you guys got an outstanding back and I'm sure he'll be back in football shape in no time. Had a few disciple problems when he was with us, but glad he's getting a second chance and wish him the best.

Oregon Ducks. For no obvious reason. I don't live in Oregon. In fact I've never even been there. I've only ever watched 1 game of theirs. It's mostly irrational and it usually drives diehard college fans crazy, which I revel in.

And if that's not enough to agitate... I'm also a Tim Tebow fan!

Glad to hear you're not a Bama fan! I went to and pull for Auburn. If you didn't know, you guys picked up one of our former RB's a few days ago, Michael Dyer. He might be just a little out of football shape not having played in a few years, but you guys got an outstanding back and I'm sure he'll be back in football shape in no time. Had a few disciple problems when he was with us, but glad he's getting a second chance and wish him the best.

I know I hope he pulls his act together. If he runs anywhere near like he did for Auburn it makes our offense insane.

I'm fairly mixed on Favorite Teams, My dad went to Virginia Tech and played there so I love Tech football. 

Oregon however under Chip Kelly was perhaps the most fun to watch and I hope it stays the same even though he's gone. 

I also like the Badgers because I went to highschool with and played football with Russell Wilson as my Quarterback, my next Quarterback now plays at UVA and my teams last Quarterback is going to Michigan... so I'm kind of torn between supporting a lot of schools. 

I'm fairly mixed on Favorite Teams, My dad went to Virginia Tech and played there so I love Tech football. 

Oregon however under Chip Kelly was perhaps the most fun to watch and I hope it stays the same even though he's gone. 

I also like the Badgers because I went to highschool with and played football with Russell Wilson as my Quarterback, my next Quarterback now plays at UVA and my teams last Quarterback is going to Michigan... so I'm kind of torn between supporting a lot of schools. 

Ha yeah - thats pretty cool though that you got to play with Russell Wilson. I was not surprised he was doing well in the NFL.

Shouldn't that make you a Wolfpack fan, then? I mean, he TECHNICALLY graduated from NC State. :twitch:

My favorite college football teams are whichever ones send rookies to the 49ers in a given year.

This year, I'm a fan of LSU, Florida State, Rice, Auburn, Louisiana Tech, South Carolina, South Florida, Alabama, Iowa State, and Rutgers!  :thumbsup:

Tonight's the first pre-season game, gotta warm up my vocal chords for the regular season!

I don't follow college as much as the pros (GO PACKERS!), but being from Green Bay I still watch and root for the Badgers every Saturday. the 90's were great under barry alvarez, and they had their moments over the past few years, but I think we may be headed for a dry spell. the big 10 as a whole just disappoints me. we can never seem to win the big games.

Nortre Dame for me - 

had 6+ family members graduate from there

I lived in south bend for 5 years when I was a kid. I still root for them as well. I remember going to a few games with my dad when they were very good and had the big rivalry with Miami. tim bown and raghib ismail played for them when I lived there. I still get down there once in awhile to visit old friends. good times.