What do you all think of this?

So I am about to possibly make my first bulk purchase - want to get some opinions. Guy has these sets:

7676 Republic Attack Gunship 1034 pcs

7670 Hail Fire Droid & Spider Droid 249 pcs

7671 AT-AP Walker 392 pcs
7661 Jedi Starfighter with hyperdrive booster ring 575 pcs
7659 Imperial Landing Craft 471 pcs
6205 V-Wing Fighter 118 pcs
7654 Droids Battle Pack 102 pcs
7669 Anakin's Jedi Starfighter 153 pcs
7662 Trade Federation MTT 1326 pcs

They are all thought to be complete but are in a storage bin mixed together (I don't know how taken apart). I talked to the guy on the phone and he has a bunch of other sets, some in box (he is not a reseller or anything though - they were his son's sets) but I think he probably has everything there for the most part.

Obviously I am mainly going to be looking for the key minifigs and pieces.

He wants $250. Brickpicker used price is a shade under $475 or so. He has indicated he is willing to deal though. 

What do you all think? What do you aim for price wise if they aren't sure they are complete. Do you look for the minifigs, big noticeable pieces, or just take a chance?

By the way, these are most likely not to resell, but for me to build. So I can deal with recouping a few pieces.

Is there two Republic Attack Gunships in the lot or did you put it in twice by accident? Either way for you to keep it, it's a great deal regardless. Definitely try to get it as low as possible, but its still an amazing buy for $250

It is only one - something was messed up there.

But yeah I'm gonna start at $150. I usually can get a good read on people from buying way too much stuff from Craiglist. He is totally a Dad wanting to get rid of this for his son - and they have been on craigslist for several weeks. I think he will take $200 or less. 

Of those sets - if anyone knows off the top of their head - what are the minifigures I should really make sure are there?

But yeah I'm gonna start at $150. I usually can get a good read on people from buying way too much stuff from Craiglist. He is totally a Dad wanting to get rid of this for his son - and they have been on craigslist for several weeks. I think he will take $200 or less. 

Of those sets - if anyone knows off the top of their head - what are the minifigures I should really make sure are there?

Not an actual minifigure, but the Destroyer Droid from 7662 costs around $ 15. Mostly due to the "copper" colored parts

depending on if you care about your droid army or not i would make sure most of the 20 droids the MTT comes with are there and the droideka the MTT has is personally my favorite version. The gunship has the exclusive Asajj Ventress with the leg cape thing also the gunship comes with obi-wan plo koon and commander cody. The booster ring has Kit Fisto and old version Ep3 obi-wan. those are basically the big names.  

depending on if you care about your droid army or not i would make sure most of the 20 droids the MTT comes with are there and the droideka the MTT has is personally my favorite version. The gunship has the exclusive Asajj Ventress with the leg cape thing also the gunship comes with obi-wan plo koon and commander cody. The booster ring has Kit Fisto and old version Ep3 obi-wan. those are basically the big names.  

Also, of those 20, 16 are the regular droid, while 2 have a red body and 2 have a blue body.

I love this site. I am still working up my knowledge on older sets. I thought all the 20 droids were the same. That set and the republic gunship are basically the best thing of the bunch. I don't have the time to check what all the different figures are worth.

You guy rock. If I could give you brickpoints - it would happen!!!

I love this site. I am still working up my knowledge on older sets. I thought all the 20 droids were the same. That set and the republic gunship are basically the best thing of the bunch. I don't have the time to check what all the different figures are worth.

You guy rock. If I could give you brickpoints - it would happen!!!

if you don't want the others I'll take them off your hands for a fair deal of $10  :thumbsup:

To echo what others have said, I would pick it up in the 150-200 range if you can verify the figs are all there. Don't be afraid to tell them to separate them or plan on spending 45 minutes with you in Kroger's parking lot while you go through the bins finding them. They always pre-sort ;)

Yeah I should have a good amount of time to go through them. The guy was really nice and said he would give me all the time I need. There is about 4500 pieces there so I guess I could just count them. lol

You could also weigh them and see . Add the total weight of the sets don't forget to minus the bin. Usually In a bulk buy like that you'll always find ,more pcs than those sets. I'm sure he's lost a book or 2. 200 is a sweet deal ! I'd bite on that quick. Nice find!

A big part of it I left out - and why I am leaning towards all complete: He said he had all the books and boxes.

Update: I met the guy today. before hand, he told me he had other Lego stuff today he had not listed yet. He brought the following:

UNOPENED:
6211 Imperial Star Destroyer $250 1386 pcs.
7675 AT-TE Walker $160 799 pcs
7673 Magna Guard Star Fighter $70 431 pcs

Lightly Used in box and complete:
7656 General Grievous Star Fighter $20 232 pcs
7674 V-19 Torrent $25 471 pcs
7672 Rogue Shadow $70 482 pcs

Lightly used in large storage bin. With instructions. Most of them were partially built and the minis were in bags - there were about 60-70 of them at least. I saw all the droids for the ATT and the minis for the gunship

7671 AT-AP Walker 392 pcs
7661 Jedi Starfighter with hyperdrive booster ring 575 pcs
7659 Imperial Landing Craft 471 pcs
7670 Hail Fire Droid & Spider Droid 249 pcs
6205 V-Wing Fighter 118 pcs
7654 Droids Battle Pack 102 pcs
7669 Anakin's Jedi Starfighter 153 pcs
7662 Trade Federation MTT 1326 pcs

List for all sets assuming complete is $1207. Because of the storage bin, fees etc., his total asking price for everything was $850 which was fairly reasonable looking at list.

However, we talked a while and I could sense he really wanted to get rid of it all. He said he was thinking about coming down a little. I told him I was gonna have to sort, etc. and it would take a while.

I threw out - $450. He took it. I think I peed my pants a little.

So anyway - the used sets are for my collection. But the boxed sets I will sell to recoup the investment. I have a question though, of the three 6211, 7675, and 7673 what do you think I should do. Sell now? Hold them for more investing? They are sealed and all boxes have limited shelf wear.

I am leaning towards selling the AT-TE and the Manga guard but keeping the 6211. However, even though its CAGR is 17%, it is only up 1% over a year ago so maybe now is the time to sell.

What does everyone think?

Edit: the prices next to the sets are what he was going to ask for them before I bought bulk.

Great job! First rule of reselling: Never be afraid to insult someone with a lowball offer.  :shocked:  Even if they storm off in a huff and won't sell to you, the next guy might and you'll find enough bargains to make it worthwhile.

I know. My wife said I should have offered him more because it wasn't fair. He didn't have to accept! lol

We buy these type of containers every week from same kind of situation. $250 is on the high side. Check for Mega Bloks, dirt, Barbie parts, Hot Wheels, hair, old pieces of candy, crayons, dog hair, shag carpet and all kinds of stuff. Sometimes they are very clean. None are ever complete. Bring along another container and get ready to dump some or all to check for above. Mega Bloks are like cockroaches, find on, you will find more. Instructions? It's a "Got to have" or else it's just a container of bricks.  Price, $100. to 175. No instructions> $50. to 100. And most important> ASK QUESTIONS!!!

Bricks is bricks. We stopped buying containers of small sets, we have about 60 containers of mixed bricks, a lot have sets. Sorting takes time. Good Luck

The guy who listed about another title, buying sets, and damaged one's at "Dirt Cheap" sounds like a much better deal. "dirt Cheap is a Southern based Co. about 57stores in 6 states. can Google it, to get the whole list with phone #s. And to that fellow, DON'T GIVE AWAY YOUR SOURCES!!!