Technic Unimog 8110, was released at the end of year

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I regretted buying Technic apart from 41999.  I'll be happy to get RRP for my Unimogs next year but, I won't hold my breath.

Most large technic sets do really good in the secondary market. It's kind of a niche I guess, not every body likes the theme. I have the feeling many investors here overlook it even though it has great potential. But hey, I can't get myself to buy friends stuff even though lots of people are all over it ;)

Guest TabbyBoy

Most large technic sets do really good in the secondary market. It's kind of a niche I guess, not every body likes the theme. I have the feeling many investors here overlook it even though it has great potential. But hey, I can't get myself to buy friends stuff even though lots of people are all over it ;)

At least I'm "proud" to say that I now have a bunch of pink & purple boxes! ;-)

• 1 month later...

Sold out in LEGO Shop at Home Europe and "Call to check product availability" in LEGO Shop at Home US....

I think this set is already 2+ years on market. Last few days this set has no discount even during Black Friday and cyber Monday. High chance of EOL in coming weeks.

Well toys r us just sent me a 20% off coupon for regular priced items. I have 10 unimogs. If i could get 30% on more i would probably go for 10 more. Only one tru in nm has them in stock.

That's for regular price items. Think the unimog is marginally discounted on TRU, thereby rendering the coupons useless. Cunning TRU folks.

At 30% i would make it happen. Probably not anytime soon. Pretty amazing how no tru deals applied to it.

I think the internal logic is that if it is a popular set and the retailers have low inventory on it, then the discount will be minimal. I don't think the retailers stock up on plenty of large technic sets, looking at the lego shops near me. The retailers will likely not order another batch of large technic sets after the set is released for more than 1.5 years, or that TLG will not produce the large technic sets towards EOL due to higher cost and narrower margins? Hence the unimogs disappeared from shelves around summer 2013, and is replaced by mobile crane Mk 2. Even the 4x4 crawler is gradually disappearing.

I'm in Canada and I stacked a couple of 8110 Unimogs. However, here the retail price is 250$ compared to 200$ in the USA with 100 CAD = 95 USD. So we're a little bit screwed here with the LEGO investing business. We have to be resourceful and take our chances when we have them! I used the Toys R Us competition policy : they match ANY price (in Canada, of course), minus 10% (of the lowest price, of course). With this policy applied, I managed to get my hands on a few 8110 Unimogs at 196 CAD. How much did you pay for yours in the USA and elsewhere?