Slave I: help me choose the best one

Diabolos80

I want a Slave 1. Should I go with 6209 or 8097? Is there another one I'm forgetting?

I would appreciate info from anyone who has built either set. Or if you guys think I should go with Jango's ship instead, let me know.

I was admiring my Lego displays today, and it hit me that the Slave 1 is the only iconic star wars ship not represented in my collection. So, which is your favorite?

I want a Slave 1. Should I go with 6209 or 8097? Is there another one I'm forgetting?

I would appreciate info from anyone who has built either set. Or if you guys think I should go with Jango's ship instead, let me know.

I was admiring my Lego displays today, and it hit me that the Slave 1 is the only iconic star wars ship not represented in my collection. So, which is your favorite?

There is also a 7153 from the early 2000's, which should be Jango's Slave I believe.

I prefer the 8097, but I tend to like the newer styled designs when I have a choice.

What if Lego never gets around to giving the Slave 1 the UCS treatment? Lego just finished refreshing some of its oldest star wars sets, e.***. Gungan Sub, Jabba's stuff, 2 x-wings, the podracers, the TIE Fighter, and of course the Slave 1. I'm not saying it's too many remakes, I'm saying it might be the last of the remakes. When the new movies hit we might see Lego shift away from rehashing the original trilogy.

It's tough to say that TLG will stop making x-wings and falcons for new generations of kids. But that might be all we get from the OT, since Lego will be busy selling us all the new stuff, too. A UCS Slave 1 is an exciting prospect, but it would disappoint many people who think a new trilogy warrants some new darlings. That being said, we still have 2 years to hope we get some of our most-wanted OT UCS sets. That's four chances...

• 2 weeks later...

Well I did buy a 8097 on ebay. Listed as new. When I got it, bag 1 was open. Partially assembled. Stickers applied. TWENTY pieces missing. Han Solo's head has teeth marks.

^*#%!!

I messaged the seller for a partial refund to cover replacement parts. She refused, and suggested I return it. But that would put me out $14 for return shipping with nothing to show for it.

I've never left negative feedback. Should I?

Well I did buy a 8097 on ebay. Listed as new. When I got it, bag 1 was open. Partially assembled. Stickers applied. TWENTY pieces missing. Han Solo's head has teeth marks.

^*#%!!

I messaged the seller for a partial refund to cover replacement parts. She refused, and suggested I return it. But that would put me out $14 for return shipping with nothing to show for it.

Yes. That's just bad business.

^*#%!!

I would open a case with eBay that the item was significantly different than described. Saying something is new when it's not is something they'll take action on. IMO you shouldn't have to pay the return shipping, and this seller should be punished.

I would open a case with eBay that the item was significantly different than described. Saying something is new when it's not is something they'll take action on. IMO you shouldn't have to pay the return shipping, and this seller should be punished.

I agree. The listing says its new, but it isn't and there are pieces missing and damaged. I would leave negative feedback. They deserve it for lying to you.

good advice.  be sure to also provide pics of the items (especially the bite-marks). mention the # of missing elements and how the seller demands you pay return shipping which is unfair since it clearly was sold with an inaccurate auction description.

Good suggestions guys and thanks. But I already built it with spare parts I had, and ordered new ones from BL. I only paid $60 for it, and 2/3 bags were sealed. Overall im happy with the deal but disappointed with the seller's dishonesty. I will leave negative feedback now, though.