Babies and pregnant ladies in Lego?

Gondorian

If any theme makes them, I reckon it will be Lego Friends.

The idea came to me when thinking if they would ever break the mould (literally) and do a fat Lego Friend.  I thought it would be unlikely.  Well, what about a pregnant lady?  And then a baby?  I can't see it happening in other themes, unless it has and I've missed it.

Incidentally, the little microfigs from the games make good sized Lego babies.  The mummies look like baby in swaddling clothes.

It's in Odds and Ends because I'm pretty much rambling and just wanted to hear what others think on this.

Thanks

Hmmm...now why does a "fat" Lego minifig have to necessarily be female?? (And no, I'm not trying to revive that Lady Brickpicker thread)

Anyway, I think you can do a pregnant female minifig. Just use Bombur's belly plate. Actually I'm surprised they haven't released one yet. Maybe Series 13?

I would be surprised if this ever happens.  Not only would it require a new mold for a minifigure, but you would inevitably get the birds and the bees questions.  Lego for the most part is pretty non-sexual.  Yeah, there are a few female torsos that have some cleavage, but I think that a bun in the oven would be over the company line for them.  Maybe I'm wrong, I would personally care less if they made it, I just don't think they will.

If any theme makes them, I reckon it will be Lego Friends.

The idea came to me when thinking if they would ever break the mould (literally) and do a fat Lego Friend.

There really must have been a better way of phrasing that. It would be funny if Lego did a 'husky' minifigure, but why does it have to be Friends? Like Huskers said, that would eventually bring up the old "birds & bees" question at such a young age. Let's help the children keep their innocence for a little longer, alright?

An overweight regular minfigure in something like City or as a Collectible Minifigure, why not? But not a pregnant teenage girl minidoll in the Friends line. That just gives out way too many confusing and controversial signals.

I would be surprised if this ever happens.  Not only would it require a new mold for a minifigure, but you would inevitably get the birds and the bees questions.  Lego for the most part is pretty non-sexual.  Yeah, there are a few female torsos that have some cleavage, but I think that a bun in the oven would be over the company line for them.  Maybe I'm wrong, I would personally care less if they made it, I just don't think they will.

Everyone knows little minifigure babies come from shiny new molds, not plastic bellies. Also, they're 11 years old when they're born. Anything else would be uncivilized.

Well, I wasn't suggesting it be a pregnant teenager.  In Olivia's House set, her mom and dad are there.  I figure they could have another "grown-up" minifig who is pregnant.

Pregnant Lady or Beerbelly Man sound good for Series 12 minifigures though. :)

An overweight regular minfigure in something like City or as a Collectible Minifigure, why not?

This is the only thing I'm waiting for to finish my Wal-Mart MOC. A fat guy riding one of those power scooters, wearing a Call of Duty shirt, pajama pants and flip-flops, coming out of Wal-Mart with 2 cases of Mountain Dew, Doritos, and little Debbie Nutty Bars.

I love Little Debbie Nutty Bars by the way. I just learned after turning 30 that my metabolism wasn't working as well as it once was so I had to end the relationship.

• Like 2

This is the only thing I'm waiting for to finish my Wal-Mart MOC. A fat guy riding one of those power scooters, wearing a Call of Duty shirt, pajama pants and flip-flops, coming out of Wal-Mart with 2 cases of Mountain Dew, Doritos, and little Debbie Nutty Bars.

I love Little Debbie Nutty Bars by the way. I just learned after turning 30 that my metabolism wasn't working as well as it once was so I had to end the relationship.

You could always make a MOC figure if this or possibly even the "overweight guy showing too much crack" minifig.  I swear I can't go to Walmart anymore without seeing this.

Well to keep it PC and mildly acceptable to the religious right, that pregnant minifigure better have a ring on her finger. Or around her neck on a chain like Frodo. Or just holding it in her hand like Bilbo. Something!

Eh, just pair her with beer belly man and have multiple (6-10) small legged child minifigures trailing behind them.  The kids could be asking for LEGO's and beer belly man, while holding a 12 pack, could be telling them "no" because they don't have the money.  (sorry, I'm having Walmart flashbacks again)