If you could only choose 1 existing modular set to invest in, it would be...?

etb546

I have a feeling the existing corner sets will outperform the in-line sets. Think about it. There are only 3 corner sets so far. People that missed the Cafe Corner only have 2 options for corners as endcaps on their collection. I have a feeling the Grand Emporium will be gone before another corner comes out. My gut says Grand Emporium is the best choice.

Town Hall.  Largest and most overlooked of the bunch.

I am also going with Town Hall, it's huge, its more expensive, and like Ed said, overlooked. I don't think as many people are stocking up on this one as compared to the others, which means less supply on the secondary market and will hopefully mean better returns for the people who invested in them.

Fire Brigade is my other choice, mainly because everyone will always want a Fire Station.

Fire Brigade would be my investment choice if it wasn't 4 years old.

I think it might be too soon to answer this question, considering we don't know the lifespan of sets in this theme. Sure, you could go buy a dozen Town Halls, but what happens when Lego decides that every modular gets to sit on shelves for 4 years?

All i can say is i've built the cinema and the brigade. Cinema is okay but not a fun build. Brigade wins.

Having built all of the current modulars, I would say that Town Hall was my favorite build.  It was big, detailed, came with a ton of minifigs and is completely under appreciated among forums that I have read.  Now, considering the investment side of things...I think you just have to go with whatever EOL's first.  Fire Brigade is a fantastic set that will certainly be sought after by 2014-2016 AFOL's who come out of their Dark Ages.  I came out of mine Jan of this year and of all the modulars that were retired + FB I would have probably spent the $500-800 to get a FB over the CC, MS, or GG.  Once It's gone lots of new AFOLs are going to want one (Even if the supply is high for the first two years)  Just my 2 cents :)