Name ONE recently EOL set (last 1-2yrs) you would pay full retail for?

weakside

Aside from an investing perspective/CAGR...is there a set you want for your personal collection/interest that you just missed out on?  At the moment mine would be the Medieval Market Village, I could always buy it on the secondary market but just wished I started this Lego hobby sooner! 

Anybody wished they had a retired Modular set? :)

P.S. any local Canadians within the GTA that has the MMV set...PM me with your best price or possible trades.  Thanks.

For investment, Market Street, which is up to $1,360!

Yeah, sick how these modular sets have appreciated so much.  To think at one time they were just sitting on the shelves collecting dust/waiting to be purchased.  Can't predict the future!  From a collector stand point, it's just cool having a limited set not many people have.   

Taj Mahal. Its amazing. I really love the set.

My wife's choice - the Effiel tower. We know which theme we like.

taj mahal 

This was the only other model my mind immediately went to.  So incredibly detailed, and awesomely big. 

Well I must say Imperial Shuttle... it was the only one I could buy (after i started investing) and did not.... i could buy it for 260$ at local store...

But even if i wanted to do it I only had 280$ to spend and I did not want to put it all on 1 UCS set at that time...

now I wish I did it lol

Guest ph4tb0i

pretty much any UCS/Modular/Train that was discontinued I wish I bought more of. 

Then there's Diagon Alley and Hogwart's Castle. oh man who guessed an alley way in some magical land would be worth so much. 

I want a Winter Village Toy Shop and really wish I had gotten back into LEGO sooner!

The other ones I would gladly pay original MSRP for are the Holiday Train and Grand Carousel.

Grand Carousel was a true work of art. Besides, I love theme park related designs. Heck, I wouldn't mind seeing the ever classic "Tea Cups" ride in Lego!

Winter Village builds are just like the modulars for me; I can hardly wait to see the next release.