75023 - Star Wars Advent Calendar 2013

Fcbarcelona101

Has anyone invested in these? Either buying a few 'early' in the year and selling them in November/December, or from parting it out? What are the returns like?

thanks team!

I was going to ask the same question :)

I sold exactly half of the calendar before getting bored of parting it out, and I broke even, though I did buy the Calendar for about $25. Santa figures go for more, usually around the $6-8 range. I'll try to sell the rest of it off, but if not, no big loss. :D

What about keeping them sealed for a few years, do appreciate? I have not investigated the calendar s as yet.

What about keeping them sealed for a few years, do appreciate? I have not investigated the calendar s as yet.

I don't think they appreciate, but it is sort of hard to tell. Really the only people that buy it are parents, and many have no clue what the difference is between years, so they just buy the cheapest one. I do have a LEGO City one, but I'm just flipping it during in November, that I bought just because it was cheap. I think the only way you can invest in calendars is by buying them cheap, then selling them during November/December for hopefully a little more than MSRP, if you're lucky.

• 4 months later...

Completely missed.  They under produced these, due to lower initial retailer ordering no doubt after what happened  last year.  Rightly so. The 2012 were ridiculously over produced and were heavily clearanced--and  it was a boring flop.  There were hundreds of those sets left over at tru last year.  Guess retailers wised up and only ordered half of what  they did in 2012, and now the set is better, and impossible to find at retail.

I saw local lego rep at toysrus this week and she said all 3 calendars were sold out Star Wars, city and friends.

Stores did not want to clear them out and much of sw 2012 was left over

I see eBay prices going up

Target

Walmart

Kmart

Toysrus

Barnes and nobles

Are all the places I know of to look for them

In the UK some retailers sold off their entire stock of all 3 advent calenders for 1/2 price. I got a Star Wars but could have bought as many as I wanted of Friends and City. I think retailers were nervous about left over stock. No big demand on ebay UK either as they are selling @ 20% below RRP.

I have been all over these, just bought some more today.  They seem to be sold out most places but my local Entertainer still has some, so may be worth checking them out.

The perfect lego investment, short production which saves waiting years and they wont be able to do the set again!  Plus the exclusive Christmas Jango Fett will be worth tons on his own in a few years.

The prices have been trending down a little but I did find one on Amazon Warehouse deals.  It said 'used, like new' and took a chance that it was a return or something.  The box was somewhat smashed with a broken seal, but all the bags were still sealed.  I'd like to get another, it has some great minifigs this year.

How much did the lego friends and lego city calendars end up going for? Hopefully I won't regret giving them to my daughter..

I sold a pair of these together for $100 about a week ago. 

Nobody should blame themselves for not getting into the Calendars this year.  They were absolute flops last year, even at clearance.  There was no earthly reason to stock up on them, unless you have a dozen kids.  The only reason I had the two that I had were because we were going to give them to the kids and decided on other gift ideas.