What area of nerdiness do you specialize in?

Blackjack

What breed of nerd are you?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Some basic choices.

• Star Wars
    • LOTR
    • Video games
    • Comicbooks
    • Movies
    • TV
    • Advanced Lego Knowledge
    • Star Trek

My 18 year-old sister is a self employed photographer who has had her own business for three years I think.  She likes the whole candid outdoors kind of photography.  Do you do more studio or more unstructured shoots?

I have experience doing studio work and do on location newborn and children portraits in people's homes. Everything else is outdoor portraits. I also photograph about 15-20 weddings a year.

(Please :punish: me if we already have a topic on this, or just yell 'MERGE!')

Obviously, we are all Lego nerds to varying degrees, but you all must have some other area of useless expertise, be it Star Wars, DC, Marvel, games, movies...  I personally am a SW nerd, with some LOTR, Bionicle, and basic comicbook lore on the side.

i dont have a main thing except building them

I'm more of a go to work, come home, throw on some baseball, grab and beer, and hang out person. 

That sounds like a decent day to me, except that the baseball teams in Chicago are garbage right now and into the foreseeable future.  It's likely that I've watched more hours of IndyCar racing than baseball this year, that's how bad the Sox are.  Still, watching sports is a fine way to unwind, especially if you can watch the game with other fan(s).  

But to be honest, I do have some non-Lego nerdiness in my life.  I grew up watching Star Trek: Voyager as a kid, and I've been hooked on the Trek franchise ever since.  Didn't really like the mid-2000s Enterprise prequel, though. 

Film most definitely! I`ll watch, well, most everything just to get a different take. I tend to shy away from the horror/gore-fests and comedies, but other than that, most every genre offers some appeal to me. Kind of scary to admit, but I`m bigger into this then anything else. 

I`m also a Pianist of 14 years (on and off). I love music of most kinds, and find it fun to just play stuff for myself. Some originality, you know? Ya, being a "nerd" is awesome, as OrcKing put it  :thumbsup:

I tend to like the strawberry and grape myself. :cheese:

Wonka_Nerds_Strawberry_Grape_1_65oz_46_7

I'm thinking the poll list is a little lacking and thought about adding some more nerd types onto it. Also, I was wondering if a multiple choice option would be better seeing how some people have many facets to what they know.

Oh yeah, and I found this hilarious tidbit from CollegeHumor.com.

(It has a couple of uncensored words so I am not posting the images here.)

The Six Supervillains of Nerd Culture

I'm a Camera tech nerd. I could talk about Digital SLRs until I was blue in the face.

Cool, I have a friend who is just the same an keeps trying to make me as big fan of photography as he is :)

I am a DC Comics mega nerd!! I've been reading Batman comics since I was in diapers!! I can answer any DC question you guys can think up. I'm also into The Elder Scrolls, Star Trek, LOTR, and I was for the longest time a Pokemon nerd. ( Just stopped playing Pokemon 3 years ago.)

Morrowind forever! :P 

I was also in love with Dragon Age for a while after the 1st game was issued, enjoyed 2 books by David Gaider and the voice of Simon Templeman (Loghain) still sounds in my ears :)

Besides that I am a cartoon nerd.

Among the poll the LOTR would be the closest, but not that much.  I'm more into Medieval history and related classic adventure books (W. Scott, A. Dumas etc) then fantasy.