NFL season is on the way soon!!!

My favorite team is the Minnesota Vikings. Teams I dislike include the Packers. (Sorry Quacs, terrymc4677, mmatthie, and spener90! ) I really don't like that team. One of my favorite games is the quote described below. That was quite an ending and is one of my favorite Vikings games I've ever watched. It was a bummer Adrian Peterson didn't break the record though. The first game Brett Farve played as a Viking against the Packers was also a fun one. I don't like the Bears either.

Here is a picture for peoples' enjoyment.  :thumbsup:

attachicon.gifvikings-4765.jpg

I would support a Brickpicker Football League. Should someone set it up on NFL.com or should we have it on here? 

Adrian Peterson is like two men laced together.

My favorite team is the Minnesota Vikings. Teams I dislike include the Packers. (Sorry Quacs, terrymc4677, mmatthie, and spener90! ) I really don't like that team. One of my favorite games is the quote described below. That was quite an ending and is one of my favorite Vikings games I've ever watched. It was a bummer Adrian Peterson didn't break the record though.

Fortunately, the Pack got some well deserved revenge in the playoffs...both Terry and I were at the game (separately).  What a fun night!  

Some fun NFC North emoticons for this thread...

:queen:  Packers

:purple:  Vikings

:jester: Bears

:slow: Lions

:beerhat: Me

Another decision we have to make, how many people can join a league? We should make as many league as we want but with a limit of ten teams per league. More than ten teams is hard because you end up with players who don't even start.

If the fantasy football league is going to work, one person will have to volunteer to be commissioner and set up the league. Debating league rules here will not get far before there are many dissenting voices. Whoever is commish gets to set the rule.

I will not be in the league because I can't handle more than one team, and I've been in my other league over ten years. I do think it's a fun idea, and would be willing to pin a thread in the Odds and Ends forum discussing the league.

If the fantasy football league is going to work, one person will have to volunteer to be commissioner and set up the league. Debating league rules here will not get far before there are many dissenting voices. Whoever is commish gets to set the rule.

I will not be in the league because I can't handle more than one team, and I've been in my other league over ten years. I do think it's a fun idea, and would be willing to pin a thread in the Odds and Ends forum discussing the league.

I don't mind doing it. I always use default scoring. I have set up quite a few leagues so I can do it pretty easy. But its up to whoever.

I've also been my other leagues for over a decade as well. I usually run about a dozen or so teams during the season along with the other major sports.

I really wish I could do more, but I find the quality of my teams suffer. So, it's hard to move away from the one I've done the longest.

I also have been doing fantasy baseball for 15 years now. I like it a little better because there's a little more strategy with the rotisserie scoring.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for bumping this, but is a Brickpicker fantasy football league something we are going to do and is it approved by Ed/Jeff yet?

I'm absolutely in if we do this. Maybe we could figure out a way to play for brickpoints or something if no one wants to do a money league.

My only stipulation is that I don't really play any non points per reception leagues. :blink:

Chargers fan here, spent a few years in SD and loved singing the "Super Chargers" theme song. Plus it's so close to the beach, the girls are hot, the beer is flowing, and you really don't give a crap that they haven't been a very good team in the past few years.