Ebay help

stackables

Ok, I won the following auction

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251299501219?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I paid right away and I got a "payment pending" notice from paypal.  I contacted the seller and he (I believe is just a kid), says that he has to wait til his dad gets home from a trip Friday to get a paypal account.  I said fine whatever and this is not a great way to start selling on ebay.  In the meantime, he listed the exact same item. How do I go about this situation? What should I do?

Oh, and I used my ebay bucks on the item. Do I get those back if the deal gets refunded?

Ok, I won the following auction

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251299501219?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I paid right away and I got a "payment pending" notice from paypal.  I contacted the seller and he (I believe is just a kid), says that he has to wait til his dad gets home from a trip Friday to get a paypal account.  I said fine whatever and this is not a great way to start selling on ebay.  In the meantime, he listed the exact same item. How do I go about this situation? What should I do?

Oh, and I used my ebay bucks on the item. Do I get those back if the deal gets refunded?

You will get them back.

I wouldn't be concerned - chances are its a new seller, but with Ebay as a buyer you are more than protected so just ask him Friday. If nothing has still happened, ask him to refund the item.

You will get them back.

I wouldn't be concerned - chances are its a new seller, but with Ebay as a buyer you are more than protected so just ask him Friday. If nothing has still happened, ask him to refund the item.

What should I do about the fact he relisted the item?  Report the item and just give him negative feedback?

Yes. You don't see it as much with a used item, but If I have 15 of a new set and all are MISB, I just take a picture of one and reuse that.

k, everything just seems real fishy.  If this doesn't go well he is going to start with a nice big negative and some unkind words.

You'll be fine, dude. If he's trying to take the money and run, there will be no way for him to prove he shipped the item to you. Ebay will shield you in the warm glow of the Buyer Protection Thingy.

Not too concerned about that.  I know ebay is good about that kind of thing.  Just thought my quest for finding a dirt cheap killer croc had ended.  Too many shady people selling lego :growl:

if this is a scam, I don't think it would be worth his while for a lousy $10, before ebay and paypal fees. he would need to relist and sell that same item many, many times to make a substantial amount of money. why not just list one or two big ticket items and be done with it? I think you are safe. keep us posted.

Guy just called me.  He basically gave me the wrong email address.  We are trying to figure out how to fix it.  He finally made a paypal account but every time I go to pay again, it is sent to his wrong email address.  So basically he gave me the wrong address and has a different one.  Anyone know how to fix this and do it through ebay? I already cancelled the payment like 5 times because it keeps going to the wrong address.

Guy, just called me. He basically gave me the wrong email address. We are trying to figure out how to fix it. He finally made a paypal account but every time I go to pay again, it is sent to his wrong email address. So basically he gave me the wrong address and has a different one. Anyone know how to fix this and do it through ebay? I already cancelled the payment like 5 times because it keeps going to the wrong address.

Wait..... you are continually feeding money into an account he says has the wrong e-mail address?

Wait..... you are continually feeding money into an account he says has the wrong e-mail address?

the money sent is "unclaimed" because it is the wrong address.  I went through the "pay now" option on the ended item.  It just keeps on taking me to the same address.  Everything is unclaimed and cancelled.  No harm done.

the money sent is "unclaimed" because it is the wrong address.  I went through the "pay now" option on the ended item.  It just keeps on taking me to the same address.  Everything is unclaimed and cancelled.  No harm done.

Alright, thanks for clearing that up for me... was starting to get confused :sweat:

He is, but he is also cancelling the transaction. Starting to sound like either a very new seller or a scammer. I am hoping it isn't the latter.

New seller, zero feedback.  Anyone know how to fix this.  He supposedly changed his email setting for ebay and paypal but when I go to pay for the item again I get the wrong address.  He says he is just going to relist the item and have me buy it now.

New seller, zero feedback.  Anyone know how to fix this.  He supposedly changed his email setting for ebay and paypal but when I go to pay for the item again I get the wrong address.  He says he is just going to relist the item and have me buy it now.

It seems like it is a scam just waiting to happen at this point. I would try to end the encounter. Sounds like he's "entered the wrong address" too many times. Waste of your time, and potentially your money.

Best of luck, Stackables!

It seems like it is a scam just waiting to happen at this point. I would try to end the encounter. Sounds like he's "entered the wrong address" too many times. Waste of your time, and potentially your money.

Best of luck, Stackables!

I am pretty sure it isn't a scam.  We actually talked on the phone for 15 min.  Seems like a lot of wasted time and effort for him to call me and try to come up with a solution.

The payment has to be sent to the email address in the eBay listing, Period. Doesn't matter how many time he changes it in Paypal , eBay or wherever, it won't matter. You purchased a specific listing with a specific email address.

There are three solutions.

1. Cancel the transaction, relist with the proper email address.

2. Seller can call Paypal and they will walk him through fixing the problem.

3. Seller needs to add that wrong address to his Paypal account. If he doesn't own that email address (typo) see if he can get it. If he can't follow step 1 or 2.

The payment has to be sent to the email address in the eBay listing, Period. Doesn't matter how many time he changes it, it won't matter.

There are three solutions.

1. Cancel the transaction, relist with the proper email address.

2. Seller can call Paypal and they will walk him through fixing the problem.

3. Seller needs to add that wrong address to his Paypal account. If he doesn't own that email address (typo) see if he can get it. If he can't follow step 1 or 2.

Thanks for the help.