Maybe the weirdest set description I have ever seen for a new set...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10214-LEGO-London-Tower-Bridge-set-with-4287-pieces-NEVER-ASSEMBLED-NEW-OPENED-/310702212395?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item48574b852b

Maybe hes covering up that its used?

He says he opened the bags and sorted them by color and then decided it was too much to try and put it together so he put them in sealed zip locked bags.

Sounds used to me.

No idea about the description. We all know it is "used" regardless whether it was built or not. I ended up paying $177 for it after using eBay bucks. That is fair considering the included manuals are in excellent condition and the box is in good shape. When it arrives, I'm trading it to a friend (originally from London) for a sealed one. He wants to build it and knows I'm looking for another sealed one. I'm also throwing in a case of beer. Everybody wins including the eBay seller.

There's been controversy regarding these terms in the past on this site as some people disagree on what exactly defines "new" and "used". While some are of the opinion that the item is used and no longer new the second the seals are broken, others claim their sets are new if they were opened very recently, still in the numbered bags, or some other circumstance.  

In my opinion, a set is no longer new the second the seals are broken. The seals indicate factory standard "new" and once altered the set is no longer the same. But my definition is obviously just my opinion, and others define it differently.

No idea about the description. We all know it is "used" regardless whether it was built or not. I ended up paying $177 for it after using eBay bucks. That is fair considering the included manuals are in excellent condition and the box is in good shape. When it arrives, I'm trading it to a friend (originally from London) for a sealed one. He wants to build it and knows I'm looking for another sealed one. I'm also throwing in a case of beer. Everybody wins including the eBay seller.

Thats a pretty good deal then.

Thats a pretty good deal then.

Agreed!

Good on you for finding this offer. Like you said, it`s a good price and the fact that you can trade for a sealed one is top notch. Love the Tower Bridge myself, but still need to pick one up before EOL. 

That feeling of being overwhelmed...I've felt it at work, but I can't say I've ever felt it during a lego build.

"And when I went to grab the next piece for my.... my.... color coordinated sorting piles...... it was just to much..... whimper.... snivel.... whimper...." - The seller

"And when I went to grab the next piece for my.... my.... color coordinated sorting piles...... it was just to much..... whimper.... snivel.... whimper...." - The seller

Really, the guy went through the hassle of sorting out every part and then just gave up. If it was me, I would have just left the build for tomorrow if I was tired or feeling overwhelmed from all that. Less work involved than trying to sell it right away just cause 'I sorted everything and now I'm bored'.

Really, the guy went through the hassle of sorting out every part and then just gave up. If it was me, I would have just left the build for tomorrow if I was tired or feeling overwhelmed from all that. Less work involved than trying to sell it right away just cause 'I sorted everything and now I'm bored'.

Lol.

I am curious though - do any of you ignore the numbered bags and dump them all out and sort by color? Pieces would definitely be easier to find, but I love the numbered bags.

I am curious though - do any of you ignore the numbered bags and dump them all out and sort by color? Pieces would definitely be easier to find, but I love the numbered bags.

I built the 10220 VW Camper, 6210 Sail Barge, and 2006 original Batcave without numbered bags. Just sorted elements by color before hand (like Lego had us do during the 1980s. I still own my 3 original Castle sets from 1984 & 1986). Even with numbered bagged sets, I sort by color before building. Builds are usually faster with numbered bags though.

Perhaps if I were building a large set such as the Tower Bridge or Haunted Mansion, I may at least sort out by color but overall I pretty much just dump out everything into a pile to pick from. It's just more fun for me that way. I love making that sound when you rummage through Lego bricks! :)

To me, as long as the bags are sealed a set is New, having said that I list them as used on eBay to avoid issues

I just bought a set that was described as "New and Sealed", yet the seller had opened the box to prove that all the bags were sealed.

So I bid a high used price and won it :)

Like you when I come to sell it I will have to list it as used. Pity there are only two options, we need something in between.

I just bought a set that was described as "New and Sealed", yet the seller had opened the box to prove that all the bags were sealed.

So I bid a high used price and won it :)

Like you when I come to sell it I will have to list it as used. Pity there are only two options, we need something in between.

For sure we do. Its tough in that case.

As a buyer though its kinda sweet.