Amazon.ca Uruk Hai Army (25% off) for Canadians

weakside

Nothing special but just thought I'll post this for those who only shop within CAN and want/need an Army set.  25% discount is better than 20% we see normally at retail.  Instead of $39.99 we're paying US price of $30.  Did not see any other LOTR/Hobbit deals.   

Along with other investors I hope this set with Helms Deep retires before December this year.     

Guest eightbrick

Thanks for the heads up. I may or may not jump on this. I got one for 21 bucks in the states a while back, but if that hadn't happened this would feel like a super deal.

Guest ph4tb0i

Uruk hai is definitely one of those sets that I see jumping up once it EOLs with Helm's Deep. You need it to make the wall longer, and if the collector has money to put into a helm's deep they will most likely pair it with the uruk hai army set to get the "full" Helm's Deep scene. 

That said, $30 CAD is not too bad seeing as I've seen it as low as $25 on Amazon US (which works out to pretty much the same). 

Yeah, when you buy something cheaper (like your visit to US)...it's hard to pull out your wallet and pay more...unless it's really hard to find. 

Personally I like this set better (more minifigs + horse + extras) than Orc Forge but because (OF) is an exclusive and listed as Retiring Soon already, it's hot.

I've got a small supply of 7 OF so hope it takes off after EOL and in the next 1-3yrs.     

Uruk hai is definitely one of those sets that I see jumping up once it EOLs with Helm's Deep. You need it to make the wall longer, and if the collector has money to put into a helm's deep they will most likely pair it with the uruk hai army set to get the "full" Helm's Deep scene. 

That said, $30 CAD is not too bad seeing as I've seen it as low as $25 on Amazon US (which works out to pretty much the same). 

Yes, makes a HUGE difference if the Uruk Hai army set is attached to Helms Deep.  I'm sure a lot of fans wanted to see HD in a bigger set too...the main door has to be bigger. 

For army/minifig building, the UH Army set is pretty good bang for your buck.       

Guest eightbrick

Yes, makes a HUGE difference if the Uruk Hai army set is attached to Helms Deep.  I'm sure a lot of fans wanted to see HD in a bigger set too...the main door has to be bigger. 

For army/minifig building, the UH Army set is pretty good bang for your buck.       

Indeed. I have 1 Orc Forge, but the newly opened Targets around me have quite a few each (10ish), so I'm hoping they might see a little price drop so I can pick one up.

Similar thoughts too...just depends how much you value the hot dog cart.  I've already over paid for the TRU Robin Red cycle poly promo so I might layoff on buying retail again just for hot dog cart...but I might pull the trigger if any news of eol haha.  The cart is pretty cool. At worse I could always trade with a fellow CAN :) 

Yeah I had the same thought process regarding VIP and the Hot Dog Cart. I really like the Hot Dog Cart but I'll probably go with a Chess set and something else to hit $75 and it won't see much of a discount. I really like the Robin Red cycle but I held back buying more last week.

Guest ph4tb0i

Yeah, when you buy something cheaper (like your visit to US)...it's hard to pull out your wallet and pay more...unless it's really hard to find. 

Personally I like this set better (more minifigs + horse + extras) than Orc Forge but because (OF) is an exclusive and listed as Retiring Soon already, it's hot.

I've got a small supply of 7 OF so hope it takes off after EOL and in the next 1-3yrs.     

Ironically all 8 of my Uruk Hai's came from Walmart Canadas lol. 4 I picked up for $20, the other 4 I manage to pick up for $5 a piece. lol. 

Guest eightbrick

Ironically all 8 of my Uruk Hai's came from Walmart Canadas lol. 4 I picked up for $20, the other 4 I manage to pick up for $5 a piece. lol. 

Get outta town! 5 bucks? Which Walmart was this?

Guest eightbrick

One of the locations in Missisauga. I like to punch it different cities to see what other Walmart clearance prices are, it's pretty unbelievable sometimes.

Dang. Once it EOLs, you'd be multiplying your money by 10 pretty fast. All the ones near me are sitting at 30 and probably aren't going to budge.

EDIT: Yeah, just looked up the Missisauga price, that's incredible. They must have no customers there.

Get outta town! 5 bucks? Which Walmart was this?

Wow, $20 is a steal...lucky you.  And $5?!  Geez, easy profits there.  Makes your $20 purchase not as hot lol.  The one walmart in the Heartland shopping area sucks for deals...guess maybe I have to try the SquareOne location for Walmart and Target more.  Congrats on the good deals.    

Picked up 2 at Walmart for $30, but didn't see this thread till now. Might return the ones I got today and order from Amazon instead since I have gift cards.

Why not just keep the Walmart ones too?  Keep the receipt...is it good for 30, 60, or 90 days for returns?  Just in case we don't see anymore good deals in CAN...you'll be kicking yourself that you returned some at discount.  just my 2cents.

I'm hoping we see 30%+ discounts before this sets retires or they clear space for newer sets.   

Checked my receipt, and it's good for 90 days. Might get some through Amazon, and see if the boxes are in good condition. One of the ones I got at Walmart had a bit of a squished corner.

Perfect.  90days literally buys you time to see how this sets does and possible better sales...maybe if we're lucky we'll see some news on retirement by than.  I use to be a total 'mint or nothing' person but a little squished corner doesn't really hurt too much...most buyers will open the set and don't care about the box.  But by all means, if you feel better having all mint sets than return that damage one - I've done it before.  If you get a damaged box from Amazon.ca don't be shy, just call in and get a discount if you want to keep it.  

Guest ph4tb0i

Dang. Once it EOLs, you'd be multiplying your money by 10 pretty fast. All the ones near me are sitting at 30 and probably aren't going to budge.

EDIT: Yeah, just looked up the Missisauga price, that's incredible. They must have no customers there.

Heh, used to be a super quiet Walmart that I loved going at nights past 9pm. Now it's loaded with immigrants price matching their groceries at the check out lines.. I really really hate the grocery price match policy. These are people that will save .99 cents on a bunch of bananas but are probably still paying $50/month for Bell landlines at home and trust their own ethnic cultures for purchasing advice because clearly their own "culture" will not lie to them. *sigh* Toronto might have a lot of immigrants but the segregation between ethnicity that I see every day really frustrates me to no end. 

tbh I've given up on the whole deal hunting during clearance thing. I pretty much stop by every walmart I see now anyways wherever I drive since the wife likes price shopping on cleaning and hygiene products so I'll drive by walmarts regardless of the day or time, but it's just hard going out of my way to swamp the walmart, particularly as it seems the hot items are always gone by the time I get there. The real gains are setting up proper watchers for Amazon and just doing mass buys whenever that random 20 minute drop hits. :)

Same price at my local Walmart in New Westminster, BC. I picked up one last week. There were two left.

I walked by the last one at my local Walmart (in Alberta). Just couldn`t pull the trigger for some reason, as I`m just not certain on the future value of the set. Hoping I didn`t make a mistake. 

That said, I did pick up 3 U-**** for $30 on clearence back in April. Enough to pair with my 3 Helm`s Deep`s. If you guys can get more (thank you for posting this update!) I`d go for it. That one will obviously bring in lots once EOL. Still not sure on Mine`s though.