At what point did you stop caring about what people thought of your Legos?

Great topic and enjoyed reading the posts. I'm at ease when with my son or daughter. By myself I used to get a little awkward but now it's just annoying from all the looks I get standing in the lego aisle for awhile then going back then leaving hen checking again. Normally it's not this crazy but the clearance deals at Target have me second guessing too much. 

Guest AnnexBrett

I haven't been seriously collecting for a long time, but I find it interesting some of the stories about people buying 30 of the same set, etc.

I have gotten immune to some things, but I still haven't been able to bring myself to buy a friends set. And I hate when I walk up to the checkout counter with 4 Lego sets and the cashier just happens to be really attractive :)

So are most of you just immune to it? When do you still find yourself embarrassed. Or are you to the point where it doesn't matter?

I never cared what cashiers gotta say...LOL When I ran into a very attractive one once with plenty of Ninjago items in my cart, she started flirting if I had lotsa cousins or kids maybe...! When I said no, she asked if I need help assembling those sets some time...and... :)

Great topic and enjoyed reading the posts. I'm at ease when with my son or daughter. By myself I used to get a little awkward but now it's just annoying from all the looks I get standing in the lego aisle for awhile then going back then leaving hen checking again. Normally it's not this crazy but the clearance deals at Target have me second guessing too much.

I have been finding myself doing much of the same second guessing lately with some of the discounts at Target. That always wondering if it will go down more the next time and will there at least be something left if it does. It's a real game of Battleship with hits & misses but thankfully you can get lucky sometimes which feels great.

I never cared what cashiers gotta say...LOL When I ran into a very attractive one once with plenty of Ninjago items in my cart, she started flirting if I had lotsa cousins or kids maybe...! When I said no, she asked if I need help assembling those sets some time...and... :)

Not quite the same, but I did one time have a lady at the customer service counter of Target actually bring up a point of Lego being worth some big bucks and a very popular item. Perhaps a member here? Hmm.... :shifty:

If I have one of the kiddos with me, I don't worry at all. But I will admit I've felt uneasy walking up and down the girls aisle alone looking at Friends sets.

Admittedly, I felt a little wierd the first time I intentionally went through 'the pink aisle'. Now I couldn't really give a s**t. I have wondered if and when someone will start asking questions as I am standing there how I will react. Then again, I don't think anyone dares to even ask! (Or maybe they don't care either.) Any checkout woman hasn't given me a hard time yet.