At what point did you stop caring about what people thought of your Legos?

I haven't been seriously collecting for a long time, but I find it interesting some of the stories about people buying 30 of the same set, etc.

I have gotten immune to some things, but I still haven't been able to bring myself to buy a friends set. And I hate when I walk up to the checkout counter with 4 Lego sets and the cashier just happens to be really attractive :)

So are most of you just immune to it? When do you still find yourself embarrassed. Or are you to the point where it doesn't matter?

I haven't been seriously collecting for a long time, but I find it interesting some of the stories about people buying 30 of the same set, etc.

I have gotten immune to some things, but I still haven't been able to bring myself to buy a friends set. And I hate when I walk up to the checkout counter with 4 Lego sets and the cashier just happens to be really attractive :)

So are most of you just immune to it? When do you still find yourself embarrassed. Or are you to the point where it doesn't matter?

The attractive part is a bummer.  I started a thread when I started, because my first "big investment" was Harry Potter sets a Barnes and Noble.  The cashier happened to be quite lovely, and by quite lovely, I mean drop dead gorgeous.  I managed to make up some excuse, no date though.  I never feel bad at Walmart though.

...When I realized that I would never see these people again, except maybe the cashier. For example, I remember seeing people run straight for the toilet cleaners on Black Friday. Most picked up 2-3, but an older lady picked up 5! She obviously didn't care about what everyone else thought, so I was like "I'll never see any of these people again. Why do I care if they see me with a cartload of LEGO's?"

Actually, I remember a Target clerk see me buying 10 of the same HP polybag, and she was commenting on how great a deal it was, and how she had already bought 20 for "party favors". You don't have to worry about people commenting on your purchases if you can check them out yourself!

Good looking Cahsier: Sure got a lot of LEGO sets there for an adult *awkward smile*

Me: yeah, im a mentor in the big brothers big sisters organization, i feel my time spent with them isnt enough and like to give them gifts, its no big deal since im a (insert name of wealthy career, ie doctor)

Good looking Cahsier: ... so ...um ...im single just incase you wanted to know...

Atleast thats how i always imagined it would go, its usually more like this

Good looking Cahsier: Sure got a lot of LEGO sets there for an adult *awkward smile*

Me: wha? oh the toys um, da ya i like play with legos, i mean BUILD with LEGO i mean....heres my credit card *looks everywhere in the store except at the cashier*

Good looking Cahsier: ...Your total is (some insane amount of money that most people could never fathom spending on LEGO)

• Like 1

Me: yeah, im a mentor in the big brothers big sisters organization, i feel my time spent with them isnt enough and like to give them gifts, its no big deal since im a (insert name of wealthy career, ie doctor)

Good looking Cahsier: ... so ...um ...im single just incase you wanted to know...

*Spartikis wakes up and realizes he's been dreaming*

Spartikis: I gotta stop watching those movies before bed...

(JK Spartikis - no harm intended!)

Guest ph4tb0i

Just remember that for every hot girl out there, there's a dude at home who is absolutely sick of her.

Oh, I beg to differ.. :D

*hopes wife sees this message so i can buy more lego*

The attractive part is a bummer.  I started a thread when I started, because my first "big investment" was Harry Potter sets a Barnes and Noble.  The cashier happened to be quite lovely, and by quite lovely, I mean drop dead gorgeous.  I managed to make up some excuse, no date though.  I never feel bad at Walmart though.

Yeah. That's not likely to happen at Walmart is it?

Yeah, just ask guys like Hugh Grant, Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp, and Tiger Woods.

All of which are complete idiots.  

Advice to all.  Don't tell the cashier you are single when checking out Lego, she will look at them, then you, and say "clearly."