Anyone ever had trouble returning a set to Walmart?

When the Jabba fiasco started, I was skeptical that this was really the end, but I went up to a local Walmart and bought 4 just in case.

When it ended, I returned 3 of them and kept the last one to build.

About a week ago, I found one on Ebay for way less than retail, so I purchased it. I decided to take the last one back, but didn't have the receipt.

After waiting in the horrendously long line yesterday, the woman looked at it, scanned it, and said "That's not ours". So I thought maybe I picked up the one I got off Ebay and not the original.

When I compared the two at home, UPC and box are identical. Plus, the one I brought to them yesterday was definitely from Walmart because it had the stupid cord marks where they put those security things on it.

It was a different Walmart than the one I bought it at so I am going to try there today. Anyone ever seen this happen?

In my experience, some walmarts have a cap on price of Lego/product returned without receipt...$50, $70 or $80, before the manager has to step in and autherize.  And not all walmarts carry the same items...meaning one time I tried returning a set back at a different Walmart (without reciept) they say it's not in our system we they can't offer store credit.  When I went back to the original store they scanned it and accepted it no problem.

• Like 1

If the store has never carried the product, even you have a receipt, they will not accept the return! It happened to me a couple times already.  I explained I had the receipt, but even with the receipt info, they could not do the return, the CS and manager tried and tried. That was at a small walmart. The product won't show up in their system, so they could not do the return.  At least that's what I was told. I had to go to another walmart to return instead and no problem at the big walmart. Maybe smaller walmart is equipped differently than regular walmart.

I've never had a problem but I recently returned a few sets to walmart and every set I returned, they cut open and looked inside. Kind of Hurt to see them do that but I understand why... Back when the monster fighters went clearance, I found a VC that I was going to buy, but when I picked it up, the box was WAY too light then I looked and one end was missing the seals and had been glued.... I tried to find an employee to tell them but there's never anybody around.

I have trouble just shopping at Walmart. Of course I'm going to have trouble returning things.

Obviously the most hassle you'll get is on a non-receipt return, but with a receipt, most times it's relatively hassle-free.

The trick is to go during a peak time, so they're compelled to just give you want you want so they can get through the line quicker.