Lego vs Play Doh for kids

weakside

Hmmm... dare I say the parents are ?

I preferred the silly putty since it did not dry easily and was easier to clean up after.

I can't fathom you know enough about me (read: anything) to be qualified to say something about my parenting.

If you do, however, have something to say to me, I am all ears to a direct insult versus your not-so-subtle little remark there.

I can't fathom you know enough about me (read: anything) to be qualified to say something about my parenting.

If you do, however, have something to say to me, I am all ears to a direct insult versus your not-so-subtle little remark there.

Obviously I do not know you from Steve or Adam or Roger.  There are a couple of ways to assess the situation as described (play doh = messy rooms).  Either the parents gave the toy / play doh to the child without thinking of the consequences, or the child who used the toys to cause the mess. Since presumably the child should not know any better, perhaps the parents ought to do some research or try the toys out before giving them to the child.

Interestingly you went straight to the parenting style in general...  If you have a rather thin skin on this matter, perhaps sharing it on a public forum is not the best thing to do.

I take stronger offence to indirect insults at what is obviously a targeted remark.

Do you even have kids? I will not even waste my time going over this with someone who can't relate.

If you're just running your mouth because in your head A must lead to B because it sounds about right, you aren't going to listen to me anyhow.

If you're ready to enter a public ring with me, then make another topic about it elsehwere. I will not ruin another unrelated topic just to indulge you.

• Like 1

Obviously I do not know you from Steve or Adam or Roger.  There are a couple of ways to assess the situation as described (play doh = messy rooms).  Either the parents gave the toy / play doh to the child without thinking of the consequences, or the child who used the toys to cause the mess. Since presumably the child should not know any better, perhaps the parents ought to do some research or try the toys out before giving them to the child.

Interestingly you went straight to the parenting style in general...  If you have a rather thin skin on this matter, perhaps sharing it on a public forum is not the best thing to do.

Come on - there is no reason for this. I apologize LFOW for starting it with a complete joke.  I have no children because I know I wont be able to handle these things. I can't handle my dogs.

Raichu - you generally have been a good poster in the past. This has no business being here.

Play doh is non toxic and while not tasty it is somewhat edible. Anyone who has children knows you could be standing 2 inches away and still not stop their lightning reflexes as the place any number of objects in their mouths. I have twin toddlers and an older child and its a battle everyday.

An FYI for those who do not know. The quickest way to encure the wrath of a parent is attempting to tell them how to raise their children. This especially applies to those without children who have absolutely no idea what it's like to raise a child.

• Like 1

Who am I kidding, I could not even type the above "explanation" with a straight face :D :D :D   LFOW did not react to DNIIM's (can I call you that?) comment so I wanted to see what happened if I pushed a bit more..  :poke:

Of course any random Joe (or Raichu ;) ) should not criticize anyone else' parenting styles.  Even I know that.

Friends again ? :hug:

Who am I kidding, I could not even type the above "explanation" with a straight face :D :D :D   LFOW did not react to DNIIM's (can I call you that?) comment so I wanted to see what happened if I pushed a bit more..  :poke:

Of course any random Joe (or Raichu ;) ) should not criticize anyone else' parenting styles.  Even I know that.

Friends again ? :hug:

I was worried after my comment was easily taken out of context. I could have phrased it better. I have a generally disdain for having children (along with my wife). Not that there's something wrong with it - more that I am lazy.

Guest eightbrick

Soooo... Did you guys hear about that lady who built a prosthetic leg out of Lego?

No, what happened? Oh wait that was me who posted that. I'm 15 and already experiencing memory loss  :P

Back on Topic: I agree Play Doh is a pain in the but to clean up. In terms of "clay like substances" I guess its OK, but the texture is just weird (to do: close eyes and mush play doh)

Soooo... Did you guys hear about that lady who built a prosthetic leg out of Lego?

Nice attempt Diablos80...next time I need someone to break up an ackward moment/silence I'll PM you ;) 

Glad we have so many opinionated members and feedback on any topic - helps to break up a normal work day!    

Guest eightbrick

Nice attempt Diablos80...next time I need someone to break up an ackward moment/silence I'll PM you  ;)

Glad we have so many opinionated members and feedback on any topic - helps to break up a normal work day!    

You are needlessly surfing at work? Do you realize that by wasting your time, you are wasting the company's time and money and if everyone did what you are doing right now it would result in severe repurcussions for both the employees and the company as a whole leading to decreased revenues and lack of worker moral? Just kidding, agreed ;)

Guest eightbrick

I like how there is a "cuss" in repercussion....  

Yeah that is how my brain works today... :P

Great, you just made it awkward again xD

*yelling* Diabolos, come back we need you!

She also makes this really cool slime out of borax and glitter glue, they have a ball with it.

I've seen this before. It's pretty cool, but a little to jiggly for my taste. Literally. I like eating things that are a little less... active. Speaking of which, glue doesn't taste that bad.

Guys, Play-Doh is a messy 'toy'. Kids by their nature are messy especially at a young age. I liked Play-Doh way back in the day and had much fun making it squeeze through all those holes on the toys. Despite it being such a messy toy, I kept everything in a confined area of play like the kitchen table because that was what I was told. You can't really keep a kid from wanting to do messy things but you can encourage them to be responsible about it. And I never ate any Play-Doh ever or glue. Why anyone ever would I have no idea. They smell awful.

Like dumping two Lego sets in with each other.

I still can't wrap my head around this whenever anyone says it. Do you have one drawer for all the pieces you get from Star Wars sets and then another for all parts from City sets? I simply just don't get it. Everything is built from the same Lego bricks no matter what theme it came from. I can see having separate areas when displaying the sets after being built or even keeping differently themed minifigures apart, but how is a brick from one theme somehow different from another theme? :scratchhead:

Maybe something is getting lost in translation on my end....

I still can't wrap my head around this whenever anyone says it. Do you have one drawer for all the pieces you get from Star Wars sets and then another for all parts from City sets? I simply just don't get it. Everything is built from the same Lego bricks no matter what theme it came from. I can see having separate areas when displaying the sets after being built or even keeping differently themed minifigures apart, but how is a brick from one theme somehow different from another theme? :headscratch:

Maybe something is getting lost in translation on my end....

I guess maybe my thoughts come from the fact that I really only build sets. I am not really a big "bulk" lego guy. I am also a bit OCD about the pieces and parts to things.

I definitely see your point that a lot of the bricks are the same. Just for some reason it makes me uncomfortable. Like I seriously cringe when I think about it. I may need an intervention.

I think if someone made me do it, I would look at it and try not to cry and then dive for the pile and start separating them again.

I'm not OCD about much else (and I am not what you would call a "clean" person), but for some reason this just gets me.

I don't think I will be able to give my future children legos... lol.

Well, I have my own compulsion to sort out everything by color and type, and far as minifigures go, I sort those by theme. So I'm wierd for sure.

I don't think I will be able to give my future children legos... lol.

I wonder many times about that, too. After spending so much time and effort into sorting, I think it would drive me bonkers to see anyone start mixing everything up.