What set did you buy and your wife found out.

Dinorider2600

My wife picks Lego winners more frequently than I do. I always (almost) get her approval on a set before I decide to invest. Plus, she's a builder, too, so that helps.

p.s. Before I got serious about Lego again, she bought me a Queen Annes Revenge back when they first came out. I made her take it back because it was too expensive. LMAO.

My wife picks Lego winners more frequently than I do. I always (almost) get her approval on a set before I decide to invest. Plus, she's a builder, too, so that helps.

p.s. Before I got serious about Lego again, she bought me a Queen Annes Revenge back when they first came out. I made her take it back because it was too expensive. LMAO.

Ha ha. And now you are buying 300-400 dollar sets.

• Like 1

Guest ph4tb0i

Dude. Emerald Night for birthday present and I made her take it back because it was too expensive.... T_T Also I agree, wife seems much better at picking winners than me. 

Last month I purchased 9 Helm Deeps, 2 Mines, 16 B-Wings, 2 M.Falcons, 1 VW Camper, 2 Vamp Castles, 2 Arkhams, 2 Haunted Houses, 10 Weathertops, 5 Mines of Moria, 8 Orc Forges, 3 Black Pearls, and 2 Hagart's Huts.  The wife finally noticed when the new shelving unit arrived (already have 2) and our storage room was mess for 3 weeks.

She doesn't understand 95% of my inventory is an investment.  Oh well, I do whatever I want so she deals.  I stopped talking about her 50 shoe collection.

post-3743-0-70509700-1369820684_thumb.jp

If you get laid enough, sooner or later you'll have to marry one of em. Them's the breaks.

I hope this is supposed to be a joke.

No, I just thought this forum was a missing a bit of male chauvinism B)

Anyway my wife thought it was funny when I muttered it after I proposed.

What's that smell?

I hope this is supposed to be a joke.

Ditto. That comment and half of this thread is rapidly approaching the line where it becomes sexism.

My woman has full disclosure on everything I do with 'the' (note the lack of 'my' or 'her') money. We consult each other on literally every non-essential purchase.

My woman has full disclosure on everything I do with 'the' (note the lack of 'my' or 'her') money. We consult each other on literally every non-essential purchase.

I'm with you. One of my roles in the family is to take care of the finances, and I feel like it's my responsibility to let her know every time I make a purchase. I couldn't sleep at night if anything were to go south financially and she didn't know exactly what had happened before the troubles.

She has actually been a very good check for me - I'm forced to make good decisions rather than just spending money indescriminantly.