promotionslist.com

It seems like there was already a thread on this, but when I search I'm unable to find it.

I think the consensus on this was as usual. Some people think it's a scam, others are willing to give it a shot.

I wasn't able to find it either when I posted it.  The reason I asked was because it popped up as an advertisement on eBay.

I posted a week ago my son ordered something from here the Olivia's House $60 just to see if this place is real or a scam, He hasn't heard a word by phone or a E-mail from the place so I would not order anything from this site until he gets the Lego set or he get's his money back, if we don't hear anything in a few days we will file a claim with paypal. "Will keep everybody posted"    Ed

I wasn't able to find it either when I posted it.  The reason I asked was because it popped up as an advertisement on eBay.

I think that's what happened..Willy saw it as an ad on eBay and opened a thread for it. I still can't find it either though...

Nevermind...saw FC's response..

Well my son ordered the Olivia's House from the Website 'Promotionlists.com' June 21st and still have not heard a word from Mark Smith the owner. So he Filed the Paypal Claim today. Paypal said if the seller doesn't send us the set in 10 days my son will get his $60.00 back. So will keep everybody up to date on this, but be sure and don't order anything from that website.   Ed

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well Paypal Finally gave me my money back today, my son used my paypal and he ordered the Haunted House, at first he told me $60 for Olivia's House. But here is the Paypal Email. "So don't order from Promotionlists.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Resolution of Your Case: #PP-002-451-672-607

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Ed Mazerski,

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your

favor.

We were able to recover $154.00 USD and this amount has been credited to

you. Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted.

If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to

recover the balance from the seller.

If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed

to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the

seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account

privileges.

-----------------------------------

Transaction Details

-----------------------------------

Seller's Name: MARK SMITH

Seller's Email: [email protected]

Seller's Transaction ID: 4BR11671HG510803H

Ed, that last bit about "if the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund." That bit worries me. I always assumed Paypal would cover your loss if the seller couldn't. Just speaking hypothetically, it sounds like a seller could take the money and run, but Paypal wouldn't really be able to help get your money back. It's great they say they'll boot the seller, but what happens to your refund? Have you guys ever NOT gotten a refund in a case like this?