Gold plummets - Buy or Wait?

For you current investors out there, I thought this might be an interesting discussion. The price of Gold has hit two year record bottoms due to inflation fears (curse the Federal Reserve). What are your thoughts? Would you buy or would you wait? Or would you just invest in Legos?

http://www.thestreet.com/story/11956078/1/gold-plummets-as-inflation-fears-ebb.html

Inflation seems inevitable given the levels of Quantitative Easing (read printing money) that has occurred.  I'm not a fan of investing in gold or other similar asset classes personally.  I prefer stocks as you can research a company to at least feel like you are making an informed investment decision.  Or just put it all in Lego :)

• Like 1

For you current investors out there, I thought this might be an interesting discussion. The price of Gold has hit two year record bottoms due to inflation fears (curse the Federal Reserve). What are your thoughts? Would you buy or would you wait? Or would you just invest in Legos?

http://www.thestreet.com/story/11956078/1/gold-plummets-as-inflation-fears-ebb.html

Keep selling gold if you have any. It has much further to drop before it hits bottom.

If you think gold prices are dropping due to inflation fears.......you should not be investing in commodities--because that is completely wrong, and makes no sense.

Also--- not to be mean...but the article you cite says the complete opposite of your theory.  Reading comprehension is very important when investing.   Ebb means to recede.  Fears of inflation are lessening...as the fed  is is pulling out of qe2 bond buying....hence the drop in gold prices.

If you do pull the trigger, betting either long or short, I would personally carefully hedge my position and/or keep tight stops. If taking physical delivery I'd keep it close and tell no one. I'd also expect more volatility in the next few months, but at some point there very well could be a fierce rally and sharp retracement depending on any number of factors.

Something about trying to catch a falling knife comes to mind...

Good point.  I am mean.  Don't buy gold.  Hedging and stops?  Physical delivery?  I doubt someone who can't comprehend the words to an article they post is serious about investing.....stick to legos.

If you are serious about wanting to invest  in metal...go to apmex and buy their brand ounce rounds of silver.  If price drops to less than 20 per..back up the f-ing truck and go all in.

Since you are posting about inflation...and obviously have no idea  even what the word means....I think you are a total moron.and I am not sure how to break this to you gently but...... :sorcerer:

Carry on with your interesting discussion.    With all due respect..... :santa:

Some of the more pessimistic "experts" (market experts are like Lego store employees) are calling for a 750 bottom.  I personally don't know.  The only times I get into the market now are at very low points where I don't feel it can go much lower (logical, huh?), so I tend to spend a large portion of my time on the outside looking in.  It makes it harder to get slaughtered.

My advice is, if you are asking us, it likely means you have some doubts about it, which would probably mean you are better off just holding onto your cash.

Sagely advice.

Off-topic, though, I'm pretty sure there's an unspoken rule about not using forum badges outside your rank as avatars, especially a tag like Administrator.

Kind of like the forum version of impersonating a cop, except obviously much less illegal.

Did it for a laugh... You are the first to comment, I will be finding a new one to change it to.  I figured with the "Administrator" being almost entirely cut off that it would be pretty clear.  It wasn't actually meant to be long term (considering I think I changed it last Thursday or Friday).

Someone seems to have a very inflated ego. But despite that his stock is dropping rapidly.

Now is the time to be selling gold and buying Legos!

I'm guessing you are referring to my recent caution in some posts?  I just think there might be some bumps in the road for some investors and their expectations.

Not all spener90, I actually agree with you. I was referring to someone else.

Much like the housing market was, the gold market is and possibly the lego market could be, you shouldn't play unless you can afford to,lose.

I didn't think so, but I have been a bit more outspoken, not necessarily against but in taking extreme caution, about new investors coming in and just throwing money at particular sets.  I know I started a year and a half ago, and there are plenty of sets that I either would have bought or did buy and slightly regret (More Maersk Train!!!).

Hope the new picture is better.  I only work in black, and sometimes, very very dark gray!