9398 - 4x4 Crawler

RC i'm not so sure but is it built based on 9398 chassis. I read that they have included the PF in the internal winch and in the front headlights.

I agree the 41999 really looks great, and will likely be a winner.  I just couldn't pass up an RC/PF Technic set retailing at $200 for $135.  Maybe it's a addiction...

Guest ph4tb0i

I agree the 41999 really looks great, and will likely be a winner.  I just couldn't pass up an RC/PF Technic set retailing at $200 for $135.  Maybe it's a addiction...

I'm debating whether to keep this or not. I just ordered 10 Cargo Trains from Amazon DE at the same price point... grrrr decisions decisions!

Hmm, perhaps I should start a LEGO Annonymous group. :shifty:   Based on the number of potential clients in BP it may be more profitable than selling LEGO on the secondary market :imsohappy:

• Like 1

Guest ph4tb0i

Tried it with the "I won't buy Lego for x # of days thread". ending up spending more money than before after my withdrawal period.. :(

How would you rank the following (assuming a 2-3 year investment horizon)?

a) 9398 +  orc forge

B) 7939 +  orc forge

c) 7938 

d) 7965 + 2 orc forge

e) 10228

f) 9474 + 2 orc forge

g) 2 x 9468

h) 10220 + 2 orc forge

Cambridge, that's a lot of numbers there!  Shooting from the hip, I would say that if you're looking strictly at returns from MSRP, I really like the VW Camper and Haunted House.  You can't go wrong with trains, either.  How about this as my best guess (MSRPs are all in USD) ranking the estimated ROI for each:

1. c (MSRP = $130)

2. h ($200)

3. b ($220)

4. e ($180)

5. g ($200)

6. d ($220)

7. f ($210)

8. a ($240)

These MSRPs are all from the US Lego S@H, so being in a different country will likely change these MSRPs, and consequently the order.  

I ranked the Cargo Train #1 because of it's lowest MSRP among the other options.  Similarly, I ranked 9398 last because it has the longest way to go since it has the highest ROI of the group.

If you can get discounts on any of the above, it would make their returns better and changes the equation.

Thanks for the ranking, Quacs.  In putting the list together, I am assuming that the costs of the packages (a-****) are in the same ball park.  That's why I needed to add the Orc Forge to some of the packages to equalize the cost outlay for the packages.  I was looking for a ranking by annualized percentage return.

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

just got my two Crawlers in perfect condition in a more sturdy undamaged shipping box ... way to go Amazon! plus it came in quicker than usual!!! two thumbs up for this transaction!!!

gotta admit, the boxes for these sets are HUGE!!!!!

just got my two Crawlers in perfect condition in a more sturdy undamaged shipping box ... way to go Amazon! plus it came in quicker than usual!!! two thumbs up for this transaction!!!

gotta admit, the boxes for these sets are HUGE!!!!!

Agreed, Jay.  I had the same boxes and they did a great job of keeping the boxes in good shape.  Really thick cardboard - very impressed and happy with my transaction as well.

Got mine a few days ago.  The shipping box was a little beat up which had me worried but the set inside was pretty good, just a small puncture/rip hole on the top where the front panel hinges open.  Cool feature on the packaging btw, the info under the flap looks great.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone, my name is Quacs and I'm a Brickpicker...

Welcome Quacs..  If you notice, the meeting is canceled today due to big sales on 9398 at amazon.co.uk.  You are still charged the full amount for this session though. :money:

Now that is a flawless business model :super:

I feel my money will grow better elsewhere.  I really want to build it, especially for the gears, but I can't bring myself to it, especially with the new one coming out.

Edit: And then I turned around and bought one... I might eventually want to build it.