Oooh 30116 Robin Polybag at TRU.CA

Veegs

Hey Canadian Lego fans,

I was excited to see that TRU.ca is giving away the Robin polybag 30116 with a purchase over $30 (in store only) on SuperHero sets.  I have to say I've had a lot of success selling the Ghost Clocks and Coffin Cars I got the last time I grabbed sets at TRU.ca (yeah, I don't shop there often...not since last Bricktober)

I did a quick scan of ebay.com and can't find this set for sale.  I'm not 100% sure, but I think I'll try to grab a few tomorrow morning and flip them for $15-20.  A guy can try, right?  I haven't seen these anywhere else yet, so being the only seller might net a quick profit.

I think 25 polybags per store, get'em while they are hot!

For those who like TMNT and CHIMA and want them a minor discount, they'll be 20% off.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it starts tomorrow.  I saw the flyer at work today...think it is also posted on toysnbricks.  I'm going to head to TRU tomorrow sometime in the a.m. and see if I can sweet talk a couple extras from them if I buy a few sets. 

Hey Canadian Lego fans,

I was excited to see that TRU.ca is giving away the Robin polybag 30116 with a purchase over $30 (in store only) on SuperHero sets. I have to say I've had a lot of success selling the Ghost Clocks and Coffin Cars I got the last time I grabbed sets at TRU.ca (yeah, I don't shop there often...not since last Bricktober)

I did a quick scan of ebay.com and can't find this set for sale. I'm not 100% sure, but I think I'll try to grab a few tomorrow morning and flip them for $15-20. A guy can try, right? I haven't seen these anywhere else yet, so being the only seller might net a quick profit.

I think 25 polybags per store, get'em while they are hot!

For those who like TMNT and CHIMA and want them a minor discount, they'll be 20% off.

You can definitely get at least $15. The robin from funhouse and batcave sells for more than $15 all the time.

You can definitely get at least $15. The robin from funhouse and batcave sells for more than $15 all the time.

Then I'm aiming for around $20.  Until this gets spread to other outlets there appears to be an opportunity to sell a few for a decent profit.  I'm heading over to tru.ca to see what I can get for exactly $30 or very close.  The closer to $30, the better!

Guest ph4tb0i

I'll bet you can get us gullible Americans to pay $30 or more if they are that limited.  Worth a shot. :cold:

lol, not much difference on the other side of the border my friend...

Rogers: Yes, you can have 1GB of data with your wireless plan for only $30  $80 dollars/month extra!

Consumer: How can I lose?? :D

Guest ph4tb0i

So this is a strictly Canadian thing, huh? Bummer. Like I need another reason to abandon the US for Canada, horrible LEGO prices aside.

Strange. I'm the other way around.. 

Guest ph4tb0i

What a load of bs... just came back from the tru at sherway. They don't have the polybag in stock....and I was number 1 in line...

I hate toys r us so much...bunch of crooks

Just got back from TRU (Hurontario/Miss location)...no Cap A Cycles left in the SuperHeroes section, walked around and actually found 2 left in different sections, not mint but I didn't care.  Funhouse would be good too but had no stock.   Baxter's TMNT was available (20%) but I didn't buy it...cashier wouldn't have cared probably if it was SuperHeroes purchase for free promo or not.   

Got the Robin polybag...looks pretty good.  I asked how much are the polybags separately...cashier said probably $4.99 but couldn't scan it so I couldn't buy the entire stock - doesn't hurt to try lol.   

What a load of bs... just came back from the tru at sherway. They don't have the polybag in stock....and I was number 1 in line...

I hate toys r us so much...bunch of crooks

Too bad...sucks to make the effort and they have no stock.  There was a line up?!  Geez.  Actually I've been to that Sherway location before and they are usually STOCKED, guess they screwed up on the promo or missplaced it somewhere. 

Guest ph4tb0i

Just got back from TRU (Hurontario/Miss location)...no Cap A Cycles left in the SuperHeroes section, walked around and actually found 2 left in different sections, not mint but I didn't care.  Funhouse would be good too but had no stock.   Baxter's TMNT was available (20%) but I didn't buy it...cashier wouldn't have cared probably if it was SuperHeroes purchase for free promo or not.   

Got the Robin polybag...looks pretty good.  I asked how much are the polybags separately...cashier said probably $4.99 but couldn't scan it so I couldn't buy the entire stock - doesn't hurt to try lol.   

I got my brother to get one for me at Dufferin mall as well. grr, stupid sherway...

I got my brother to get one for me at Dufferin mall as well. grr, stupid sherway...

Good.  At least you got one.  Would be amazing if they had 20% off Superheroes too but I'm not suprised.  I'll probably go check out other TRU this weekend to see if Cap Cycles are available still and get some more polybags.   

yeah, paying regular price is bad enough...but hurts more when TRU jacks it up by a few dollars.  Almost break even with the Robin poly.  Exclusive so what can you do...I'll just have 1-2 polybags and be happy.  If it's really that limited, nice to have one in personal collection (sealed of course). 

Guest eightbrick

That greener grass.

Actually the grass is quite green here in Alberta due to heavy rainfall and river overflow, resulting in evacuations, burglary, and mass panic among MISB collectors :o

I might try to weasel a polybag out of a store clerk directly for say, five bucks if they have leftovers after the promo, but other than that, I agree you aren't getting the best value with the darned TRU tax.

Actually the grass is quite green here in Alberta due to heavy rainfall and river overflow, resulting in evacuations, burglary, and mass panic among MISB collectors :o

Yeah, just saw some youtube clips...pretty scary considering the worse is yet to come apparently.  Hopefully the CAN government will be there to help out with the mess...use some tax dollars to help our own citizens.  If you're concerned about your Lego, just send it to me and I'll hold it for you...just trying to help another Canadian out ;)  Got a small creek behind my ravine lot that runs all the way down to Lake Ontario but there has to be a century type flood to reach my house.  All my Lego are in my upstairs bdrm closest anyways.  Stay dry buddy.