What are your favorite works of art?

I really like a few of the American art pieces at the Art Institute of Chicago including this one:

Nighthawks

Edward Hopper

I also wanted to go for Nighthawks ;-)

Though there are too many amazing artworks that I love so I couldn't tell you a favorite.

But I will post a "masterpiece" none the less for you all to appreciate

post-41741-0-63587700-1410849250_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know art, but I know what I like, and for some reason, the first thing that came to mind for me when I saw this thread was this painting:

300px-Great_Wave_off_Kanagawa2.jpg

And anything by Walter Inglis Anderson

ah ah, I used this to create the back of an insert (neo-geo case style) for an arcade game: Knights of valour 2

knight10.jpg

Man that was like centuries ago ^^ (and this insert looks awful nowadays :P )

I don't know art, but I know what I like, and for some reason, the first thing that came to mind for me when I saw this thread was this painting:

ah ah, I used this to create the back of an insert (neo-geo case style) for an arcade game: Knights of valour 2

Man that was like centuries ago ^^ (and this insert looks awful nowadays :P )

That is one of those games on my list of "going to play when I have a chance". What little I have played looks great.

That is one of those games on my list of "going to play when I have a chance". What little I have played looks great.

There are 2 versions of this game: KoV 2 and KoV 2 nine dragons (far more playable characters).

Those games were emulated by Nebula some years ago, maybe mame32 emulates it too now ?

Take on a look on this page to get more infos (in french...) : http://pgm.database.perso.sfr.fr/kov2.htm

(I created this website 7 years ago, glad to see it's still online, lol)

Edited by biniou

There are 2 versions of this game: KoV 2 and KoV 2 nine dragons (far more playable characters).

Those games were emulated by Nebula some years ago, maybe mame32 emulates it too now ?

I know the first Knights of Valor is emulated very well in Mame and fairly certain the sequel is too (last time I updated which has been a while now). I'm not sure about all the different versions or later ones.

• 2 weeks later...

I came across another brilliant artist who specializes in creating high definition renditions of classic video games going by the name of TJ Townsend (Elemental79 on DeviantArt). Astoundingly amazing and can you imagine what it would be like if video games could look like this in motion? ....Total mindblow.

contra___energy_zone_boss_by_elemental79

Contra - Energy Zone Boss

killerinstinct_halfresolution_by_element

Killer Instinct - Sabrewulf's Castle

super_metroid___depths_of_tourian_by_ele

Super Metroid - Depths of Tourian

doom___pinky_demon_blocks_the_exit_by_el

Doom - Pinky Demon Blocks The Exit

faxanadu___tower_of_trunk_entrance___pho

Faxanadu - Tower of Trunk

8407568248_eac378090b_b.jpg

Super Metroid - Kraid

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So excited for the Sequel! Not sure Ridley can top the first, but it has been 30 years, clearly he thinks he`s cooked up a good enough idea for another go.

I thought I heard something about a potential sequel somewhat recently. The original was and continues to be phenomenal with what it accomplished for the time and created to this day. The game Snatcher, a Hideo Kojima classic, was heavily inspired by the film well as other games plus novels and for decades, people everywhere have tried to perfectly recreate Deckard's issued blaster like Adam Savage from MythBusters here.