What are your favorite works of art?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

One of my friends just had an Art Show. She does tons of stuff that deals with rock music. I love a lot of her stuff.

For this art show, she took music and filtered out all the sound except the bass. Then she got lights to flash with the sound and put it together to make it give you the feel of being at a concert without the actual music - just the vibrations.

One of my friends just had an Art Show. She does tons of stuff that deals with rock music. I love a lot of her stuff.

For this art show, she took music and filtered out all the sound except the bass. Then she got lights to flash with the sound and put it together to make it give you the feel of being at a concert without the actual music - just the vibrations.

Groovy. That reminds me, anyone remember those dancing soda cans that 'moved' when music was played around them?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The wife and I were in France 5 years ago and picked a couple of architecture prints of the "Opera Garnier" in antique ally. She fell in love with them and we picked them up for approx. 150euros each. She loves her architecture. 

8385_1301284766_2.jpg

(these aren't pics of our personal prints, I couldn't get them to upload)

So my wife wanted to match the colour scheme of these prints for our bedroom and came across "1stdibs" which is an auction house in Boston (these pics are from their website). There is 4 to the set (which the vendor in Paris did have all 4) and they are being auctioned off starting at 13,000us framed. Apparently she has great taste and a bargain hunter without even knowing it.

Our most recent pick up was on a trip to Maui about a year ago from dolphin galleries in Wailea. If it wasn't for the great gallery rep. spending probably about 3hrs with us just bull****ting and not being a judgemental snob, we wouldn't have dropped the coin that we did. This one I loved because it brought me waaaaay back to eating cheerios and saturday morning cartoons. This is just a numbered print but the original goes for +$100,000us.

"Bugs at the Piano"

47362012.jpg

• 2 weeks later...