Retiring Soon - open speculation

12 hours ago, wlcy said:

I am from Canada , just curious common list of retiring soon sets available. 
Sets retiring soon in Canada seems different with Denmark or UK

You can search for retiring soon on the Shop at Home website for either Canada or US (we share the same distribution center), but take the tags with a grain of salt... When you cross reference that list with retailers like Walmart (what's on clearance or rollback) and Amazon sales, and what's bouncing in and out of stock then the picture can be a little more clear. A _little_ .. not much.

But yes, don't rely on the overseas websites for retiring sets. They often go at different times across the pond.

south korean website has 3 architecture sets as OOS, not orderable.    this has been pretty good predictor of retirement so far this season.

no big surprises:  Baby Big Ben, Trevi Fountain and Eiffel Tower.

also the entire first wave of Speed Champions small sets are OOS/unorderable so another nonsurprise.

most of early 2015 Star Wars sets are OOS/unorderable.  so is FO Tie Fighter - have to keep an eye on that one for early retirement,  9491 retired earlier than the rest of the 2012 sets.  hopefully a few FO sets go away after only 1 year.  FO Tie is the only FO set OOS.

Slave I is also TOOS but unorderable so maybe this is not so reliable - i don't think Slave I is going away this year.

Edited by cladner

1 hour ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

I think all Force Friday 2015 TFA sets except MF will be disappearing soon.

Resistance x wing should also be staying for a bit longer, it has been highly advertised as one of the "top Xmas toys" in a number of catalogues. Also only released start of year. Seems like a slim chance of that going.

31 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

Resistance x wing should also be staying for a bit longer, it has been highly advertised as one of the "top Xmas toys" in a number of catalogues. Also only released start of year. Seems like a slim chance of that going.

Resistance X-wing was released in June, not at the start of the year. 

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Sharkbait said:

Resistance X-wing was released in June, not at the start of the year. 

I hope to sell that along with Poe's as a pair.

In the UK, Anakin's Starfighter is OOS and the the dreadful overpriced Teddy Bear set is BO.

3 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

I hope to sell that along with Poe's as a pair.

In the UK, Anakin's Starfighter is OOS and the the dreadful overpriced Teddy Bear set is BO.

Anakins Starfighter was a LEGO Shop at Home and Argos exclusive.  Picked up a few in the 3 for 2's and got lucky with boxes.

I think it's been sold out at Lego for 3 or 4 weeks on the quiet. 

Edited by Fenix_2k1

5 hours ago, biking_tiger said:

That's the Toy and Grocery Shop--Corner Deli still very available. 

Sorry, those 3 turds in 1 sets confuse me.

Is it just me or is the retiring season a little slow? Last year by this date, RE, ISD and Villa Savoye were already gone in Europe, to name but a few. So far we have only had IR s a big hitter.