Gandalf Arrives 9469 - Limited availability

Well then you would be mostly wrong. I don't have time to scroll through every post on here to see if someone posted the same question. Friendly one aren't you?

That's sort of his thing...He didn't get the "Debater" award for nothing! (he is right, but he could have said it a different way) Anyways, back to the topic. I would recommend getting a different set than Gandalf Arrives. Maybe a Star Wars Battle Pack? If you are willing to go that route, I would get the 9488 Elite Clone Trooper & Commando Droid Battle Pack. 

If you want to go the Lord of the Rings route, and don't mind spending more on a better investment, go for 79003 An Unexpected Gathering. It is a great set, and will do well upon EOL.

Good luck!

Welcome, jeff_14.

I'm personally not a fan of this set, primarily because all elements of this set can be found elsewhere, none of the contents are really "unique" to this set, and I think that will damage it's investment potential. That being said, I would still buy this set if I found it deeply discounted, which a few people have.

I agree that completionists like myself (at least when it comes to LotR) will want a copy of the set in the coming years after it's long gone but other then that I don't see anyone else picking it up. I would guess it would help if you also have other LotR sets to cut down shipping costs by bundling together sets in the future, that's how I would feel picking up a set like this.

That's sort of his thing...He didn't get the "Debater" award for nothing! (he is right, but he could have said it a different way) Anyways, back to the topic. I would recommend getting a different set than Gandalf Arrives. Maybe a Star Wars Battle Pack? If you are willing to go that route, I would get the 9488 Elite Clone Trooper & Commando Droid Battle Pack. 

If you want to go the Lord of the Rings route, and don't mind spending more on a better investment, go for 79003 An Unexpected Gathering. It is a great set, and will do well upon EOL.

Good luck!

Bit of a price difference in the two sets at the mo. Stores are selling off *** for as little as

With the Frodo polybag, people will try and decide which is better. The box set of Gandalf Arrives or Frodo with Cooking Corner polybag? It was a really rare polybag and looks nice enough, but I'm not sure what people would rather go for altogther.

Interesting. The Frodo polybag has the greatest amount of listings on Ebay UK. Which is why the price is not yet much above

Guest ph4tb0i

If you got this for under $10CAD/USD I think you'll be fine. Obviously it's not going to be a home run and get a 400-500% ROI, but it's at a nice price point that ebay shopping parents will buy it for their kids simply because it's a cheap set and has a lot of interesting looking elements along with it. 

Even Halo Megabloks sell at $10-$15 on eBay for a set that size (sold some master chief thing I got for $2.99 at a walmart clearance once so that's where i'm getting my # from :))

Had I looked at the data better, I would have seen many of the listings were from the UK. That would explain things. Well, if there are that many of it being listed and sold at a consistent although low price, I'd imagine it slowly rise in time as peoples selling stock dwindles.

I didn't know of the rerelease for the Gandalf polybag. In spite of Gandalf being available in many sets, there certainly is or was a massive amount of his polybag being sold on eBay (at least from what I can see in the US).

It sounds like 30210 & 30213 were operating opposite to each other in the UK & US markets. 30213 was rare on ebay until 2 weeks ago. When I last looked there were 181 available - with a 60% price drop. It probably will take a few months until the prices rise again.