Gandalf Arrives 9469 - Limited availability

Haha. I don't think anything about Orc Forge says sleeper. It's a Target exclusive that people will want to go with their Tower of Orthanc, probably even moreso than the Helm's Deep and Uruk-Hai army combo.

What I will agree with is that this set will probably suck for investment.

If you can't get Gandalf or Frodo, you probably don't own a LOTR LEGO set.

Orc Forge not a good investment?!

its got Lurtz, Uruk-hai and 2 Mordor orcs, also its the only set that includes armor with the white hand mark, the orc armor in all of the other sets is plain gray, the armor alone makes it valuable, plus its a fun set.

Also keep in mind that none of the new LOTR sets for 2013 have a single uruk-hai in them and people will want to build uruk-hai armys.

I live in an aggressive market and I can say this set has lingered on shelves longest of all LOTR sets. If it doesn't move from the shelves here, it probably won't move that well after retirement, either. The only other one that seems to linger at basically every store is Mines of Moria. Even Shelob Attacks are virtually gone from most stores here. And you won't find a HD unless you look hard. Maybe one with a beat up box, but I haven't seen a MISB one in awhile.

Completely different in my area. Barely any Mines here.

I think you misinterpreted what LowestFormOfWit is saying - Gandalf Arrives 'will probably suck for investment' not Orc Forge.  Meaning the Orc Forge is anything but a sleeper (Target exclusive and many things going for it etc etc.).

Ah gotcha, my bad, yeah gandalf arrives is pretty worthless, i wouldnt touch it unless i got it for like 50% off.

Also, just noticed the new tower set has shields with white hands, so the orc forge isnt quite as important but its not like people are going to go out and buy dozens of tower sets at $199 a piece for those shields, the might do that with the orc forge though

Ah gotcha, my bad, yeah gandalf arrives is pretty worthless, i wouldnt touch it unless i got it for like 50% off.

Also, just noticed the new tower set has shields with white hands, so the orc forge isnt quite as important but its not like people are going to go out and buy dozens of tower sets at $199 a piece for those shields, the might do that with the orc forge though

Which tower set is that?

My Target clearanced these out about a month ago, got 4 of them at like $2.50 each.  Only way I was going to buy a bunch of them.  It's not a great set, but for someone getting into the series in a year or two, it will be the cheapest set to buy, even if it is only for $15-20, it's 500% profit at that point. 

It's a small set with 2 characters that are in every set, yes.  But for someone that is not collecting at this point, it will  be a great little set that is affordable and they can get 2 main characters, and I will be there for them. :thumbsup:

its got Lurtz, Uruk-hai and 2 Mordor orcs, also its the only set that includes armor with the white hand mark, the orc armor in all of the other sets is plain gray, the armor alone makes it valuable, plus its a fun set.

Also keep in mind that none of the new LOTR sets for 2013 have a single uruk-hai in them and people will want to build uruk-hai armys.

Sorry to break it but Orthanc has helmet and shield with white hand print according to pictures

so its not exclusive anymore.

EDIT: Sorry I see someone else repleid it to you also ;)

quoted before reading it all!

So let's buy more 9471 Uruk-Hai Army?

So let's buy more 9471 Uruk-Hai Army?

Uruk-hai army will definetly be a great investment.

probably will have the best ROI of them all 

That is if we never ever get battle packs (highly likely pretty much almost 100%) and if another Uruk-hai/polybag is never released.

I think you misinterpreted what LowestFormOfWit is saying - Gandalf Arrives 'will probably suck for investment' not Orc Forge.  Meaning the Orc Forge is anything but a sleeper (Target exclusive and many things going for it etc etc.).

This is what's happening.

I'm not saying Orc Forge is a poor investment at all. I'm saying it's not a sleeper. There's no question in my mind this set will do well.

My point was that I feel Orc Forge + Tower of Orthanc may even end up a stronger pairing than Helm's Deem + Uruk-Hai army, further highlighting Orc Forge as a great investment choice if you can still find it.

Honestly I have HD+UHA and OF, and plan to get at least one or two Tower of Orthanc so I can build one myself.

Urak Hai army is great... especially if you get them at 12 bucks a pop =)

I got my cheapest Helm's Deep for $25.00, and my Uruk-Hai Army for $15.00, so I think I did pretty well on the pairing. =P

This is what's happening.

I'm not saying Orc Forge is a poor investment at all. I'm saying it's not a sleeper. There's no question in my mind this set will do well.

My point was that I feel Orc Forge + Tower of Orthanc may even end up a stronger pairing than Helm's Deem + Uruk-Hai army, further highlighting Orc Forge as a great investment choice if you can still find it.

Honestly I have HD+UHA and OF, and plan to get at least one or two Tower of Orthanc so I can build one myself.

I got my cheapest Helm's Deep for $25.00, and my Uruk-Hai Army for $15.00, so I think I did pretty well on the pairing. =P

HD at 25$?????????????

Unbelievable!

In europe I think that never gone under 70/80

Emazers said he doesn't get updates on exclusive items.

9469 is an exclusive where you are?

Uruk-hai army will definetly be a great investment.

probably will have the best ROI of them all 

That is if we never ever get battle packs (highly likely pretty much almost 100%) and if another Uruk-hai/polybag is never released.

I have bought a few of the poly bags, 30210 & 30211, I am wondering if they will be worth it.

• 2 weeks later...