Train Station 7937 going for 20.98 GBP, Passenger Train 7938 for 59.98 GBP on Amazon UK

Guest ph4tb0i

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every Amazon regional site does it differently. Some include duties in their shipments (e.***. .FR, .DE) depending on their destination. 

assuming you get hit with taxes/brokerage 7938 will probably cost you around $100 USD/$105 CAD. That's still significantly better than the Canadian retail of $169.99+tax on these things, or $129.99+tax in the US. 7937 is going for 50USD+Tax at TRU right now, so that might not be so good if you get hit with brokerage/taxes.

They cannot charge brokerage fees in the EU. BUt we have the other problem, anything bought outside the EU over

Guest ph4tb0i

*Do not give in to temptation* *Do not give in to temptation* *Do not give in to temptation* *Do not give in to temptation*

:devil::devil::devil::devil:

SEe my earlier post in this thread..haha

Yeah.. lol :)

Just an FYI weakside, if you order into Canada they might ship it via UPS, in which case they tack on an extra $10 brokerage fee per package + HST. My package of 5 just got split into 2 (4 train sets in a box and 1 in the other one) but I'm having it shipped to Niagara Falls which should dodge the charges...

I've posted this before, but it bears repeating - if amazon.co.uk ships USPS to Canada and you are charged brokerage fees, they will 100% refund this cost to you.  I've completed this process in about 40% of all my amazon.co.uk orders and not once have they not given me a refund for the brokerage + HST fees.  It has literally saved me a few hundred dollars which makes ordering from amazon.co.uk to Canada a no-brainer, especially given CAN retail prices.  PM if you want more advice, but please, Canucks, don't pay more for Lego than you have to!

Guest ph4tb0i

I've posted this before, but it bears repeating - if amazon.co.uk ships USPS to Canada and you are charged brokerage fees, they will 100% refund this cost to you.  I've completed this process in about 40% of all my amazon.co.uk orders and not once have they not given me a refund for the brokerage + HST fees.  It has literally saved me a few hundred dollars which makes ordering from amazon.co.uk to Canada a no-brainer, especially given CAN retail prices.  PM if you want more advice, but please, Canucks, don't pay more for Lego than you have to!

not true. I've emailed them a couple of times and they've basically given me the equivalent of the finger (blah blah blah it's your responsibility in the target country to pay shipping charges blah blah blah)... I just ship them all down to CBI now and pickup anytime I'm on a trip. Saves the hassles (especially since I have their membership) and makes it so that I can complain more about the dented boxes I get to leverage more discounts. :) Some may say I abuse this, but it's their own fault for shipping things in crappy cardboard boxes with no padding.

Guest ph4tb0i

Thanks for the heads up on this one.  Picked up a couple of trains and a few sets of 7499 tracks.  Now I just have to resist the rising urge to open them and build an epic train layout  :D

DOOOO EEEET!!!! :D

That's the reason I'm thinking of buying the straight and flex track, but I did the math and after everything factored in the savings seem marginal compared to when Lego does double VIP or gives promotional items with the purchase... *sigh* decisions, decisions!*

Does it not depend on the shipping method? When you have Amazon ship with AmazonGlobal they calculate the taxes etc at checkout. If you have them ship it standard which is the cheapest shipping method (

not true. I've emailed them a couple of times and they've basically given me the equivalent of the finger (blah blah blah it's your responsibility in the target country to pay shipping charges blah blah blah)... I just ship them all down to CBI now and pickup anytime I'm on a trip. Saves the hassles (especially since I have their membership) and makes it so that I can complain more about the dented boxes I get to leverage more discounts. :) Some may say I abuse this, but it's their own fault for shipping things in crappy cardboard boxes with no padding.

That ain't cool!  Perhaps my phrasing is a little different?  I've also had a few fellow BP members use this strategy to great effect.  I suppose they COULD always say no, but they haven't yet, and as long as they keep paying my brokerage fees and taxes, I have to keep buying.

They have also given a few discounts on dented boxes, on top of refunded fees.

If they ever stop this policy, I'll definitely look at other options.

Guest ph4tb0i

I've always argued that I incur extra fees based on their (poor) choice of shipper.  CanadaPost ships for free, USPS does not.  Since I am not given a choice, when they OPT to send it via USPS, they are essentially denying me my right to choose the cheapest shipping method.  By pointing this out (many times) I've always gotten my money back.  Literally 100% of the time.

As a buyer, I have the right to choose my shipping.  If that right is taken away, the shipper is responsible for extra costs.  At least according to me!

Hmm... tempted to take a gamble now and buy some track with this way of phrasing if they ship it via UPS (I never used that specific line haha)..

I've always argued that I incur extra fees based on their (poor) choice of shipper.  CanadaPost ships for free, USPS does not.  Since I am not given a choice, when they OPT to send it via USPS, they are essentially denying me my right to choose the cheapest shipping method.  By pointing this out (many times) I've always gotten my money back.  Literally 100% of the time.

As a buyer, I have the right to choose my shipping.  If that right is taken away, the shipper is responsible for extra costs.  At least according to me!

You mean UPS right as they are the ones that charge fees? That is pretty awesome you can get the fees back though, I'll have to try that the next time they ship something UPS.

I just had 2 VC arrive that were pretty damaged and they refunded me 20% on my purchase. It things like this that keep me coming back to Amazon and spending lots of money. Now if only they would start selling in Canada and give us good sales!

Just a heads up that the train station (not the train, sadly) is back on offer.

I posted this in another thread, but did get the Ghost Trains & Train Stations ordered about ten days ago.  Shipped CanadaPost with no import fees or taxes, arrived in minty fresh condition.  Not to say all will, but some will!

Guest ph4tb0i

don't see the train stations anymore. :(

My train stations arrived via UPS but I shipped them to the US so it's all good! :)

My two trains arrived yesterday in very good condition, not bad for a trip half way around the world.  Just waiting on my Tracks.

Looks like the Station and the trains are now sold out as it's only showing 3rd party sellers.

Mine arrived, some minor damage to the box which a suspect happened before it was packed.

I was wondering, is this a set worth paying RRP for?

Ordered two of 7938. Box had been opened for inspection by Customs "Agriculture" - lol. Top set was crushed. Contacted Amazon, and after playing nice and then playing mean, the end result was still "please return the item to us for credit". What a bunch of garbage. I would have taken a discount or a replacement set from a thrid party vendor, but no such luck. I have four more on order that are stuck somewhere since it has been a month. They are tracking the order.

Ordered two of 7938. Box had been opened for inspection by Customs "Agriculture" - lol. Top set was crushed. Contacted Amazon, and after playing nice and then playing mean, the end result was still "please return the item to us for credit". What a bunch of garbage. I would have taken a discount or a replacement set from a thrid party vendor, but no such luck. I have four more on order that are stuck somewhere since it has been a month. They are tracking the order.

I received 20% refund on both of my 7938 trains.  They ended up being like $58 each.