Train Station 7937 going for 20.98 GBP, Passenger Train 7938 for 59.98 GBP on Amazon UK

Guest ph4tb0i

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ph4tb0i

great deal indeed...at least you made it past 1wk without buying investment sets haha. 

Yeah.. lol :)

Just an FYI weakside, if you order into Canada they might ship it via UPS, in which case they tack on an extra $10 brokerage fee per package + HST. My package of 5 just got split into 2 (4 train sets in a box and 1 in the other one) but I'm having it shipped to Niagara Falls which should dodge the charges...

Yeah.. lol :)

Just an FYI weakside, if you order into Canada they might ship it via UPS, in which case they tack on an extra $10 brokerage fee per package + HST. My package of 5 just got split into 2 (4 train sets in a box and 1 in the other one) but I'm having it shipped to Niagara Falls which should dodge the charges...

Extra thanks for the advice ph4tb0i, 100% agree the best deals are in the US and abroad...but I'm trying to resist ('resistence is futile' is that SW or Star Trek lol, sorry if I offended anyone lol) buying internationally for now.  Because it'll mean 1) spending more money and 2) getting that US postal/storage service...either way it's more $$ :)  I like to cap my investment spending for now unless I see smoking deals CAN side until my 1yr project rolls around in March 2014 so I can evaluate.   I've spent 3-4x's over my intial estimate on inventory already probably due to higher CAN prices haha  - but it's been fun for sure. 

The Station is nice and is a must for train collectors.  But at last I am resisting this train theme...just too much to collect/invest and you can't really cover EVERYTHING unless you have a big budget or spot deals that can't be turned down.             

Extra thanks for the advice ph4tb0i, 100% agree the best deals are in the US and abroad...but I'm trying to resist ('resistence is futile' is that SW or Star Trek lol, sorry if I offended anyone lol) buying internationally for now.  Because it'll mean 1) spending more money and 2) getting that US postal/storage service...either way it's more $$ :)  I like to cap my investment spending for now unless I see smoking deals CAN side until my 1yr project rolls around in March 2014 so I can evaluate.   I've spent 3-4x's over my intial estimate on inventory already probably due to higher CAN prices haha  - but it's been fun for sure. 

The Station is nice and is a must for train collectors.  But at last I am resisting this train theme...just too much to collect/invest and you can't really cover EVERYTHING unless you have a big budget or spot deals that can't be turned down.             

I agree, I have already gone above my initial investment goal.  I don't trust this train set as much, especially when I think there are bigger winners down the street at my walmart/meijer.

Guest ph4tb0i

I agree, I have already gone above my initial investment goal.  I don't trust this train set as much, especially when I think there are bigger winners down the street at my walmart/meijer.

I would be inclined to agree if I didn't see the train stuff doing so well in the aftermarket (whoever bought the Santa Fe trains is laughing all the way to the bank right now...)

At 32CAD after shipping and all (shipped to US though), it's almost a sure profit winner in my book. I see these going for at least 80 once it EOLs... Look at 7936 train crossing. That dinky thing is now selling for 50+ consistently! :( Regardless of EOL or flipping you can definitely make some cash at this price. 

I would be inclined to agree if I didn't see the train stuff doing so well in the aftermarket (whoever bought the Santa Fe trains is laughing all the way to the bank right now...)

At 32CAD after shipping and all (shipped to US though), it's almost a sure profit winner in my book. I see these going for at least 80 once it EOLs... Look at 7936 train crossing. That dinky thing is now selling for 50+ consistently! :( Regardless of EOL or flipping you can definitely make some cash at this price. 

I bought a couple a few weeks back at $39 and that's was the best I'd seen.  At $33.60 each, it's a no brainer.

Guest ph4tb0i

Good strategy. Unfortunately I'm a train nut and this is where all my investment money has been going to... :(

Guest ph4tb0i

Thanks ph4tb0i for the find. Ordered 4 since you mentioned it gets shipped in packages of 4. Now I'm contemplating ordering another 4...

limit of 5 per account unless you have multiple accounts :P

Guest ph4tb0i

If Darkness buys 5 7938 I will follow suit. :) I'm already sitting on 10 of these..lol.

Edit: bah! I'm taking 5 regardless. You can't get enough of cheap lego train sets... The power functions alone is worth the expense!

Guest ph4tb0i

Out of interest, how much does amazon UK charge for shipping to the US?

4.95gbp for the first item, 2gbp for each additional item.

Was going to order some straight and flexible track too but shipping killed it. :(

Guest ph4tb0i

And I assume that still puts it below US/Can RRP?

Amazon charge similar to ship in from the EU

Every Amazon regional site does it differently. Some include duties in their shipments (e.***. .FR, .DE) depending on their destination. 

assuming you get hit with taxes/brokerage 7938 will probably cost you around $100 USD/$105 CAD. That's still significantly better than the Canadian retail of $169.99+tax on these things, or $129.99+tax in the US. 7937 is going for 50USD+Tax at TRU right now, so that might not be so good if you get hit with brokerage/taxes.