Crazy prices on Ebay

Brick envy is weird though because they also have some very competitive prices......I like many members have bought from him and they offer great customer service.

I'm not knocking them. It's just I've seen some stupid high prices there. Helm's Deep for $299.99, instance. Props to them if the customer service and quality of the products is worth it, and keeps the business runnning. I just think that particular store occupies a niche that would be practically impossible to move into.

I'm not knocking them. It's just I've seen some stupid high prices there. Helm's Deep for $299.99, instance. Props to them if the customer service and quality of the products is worth it, and keeps the business runnning. I just think that particular store occupies a niche that would be practically impossible to move into.

agreed that a lot of his listings are ludacris to say the least.

Brick envy is weird though because they also have some very competitive prices......I like many members have bought from him and they offer great customer service.

Sounds like they are driving a lot of traffic to their ebay store with those items. Even people who aren't in the market for a $800 Diagon Alley (like ALL of us here) are clicking the listing because it's so crazy high.

• 4 weeks later...

Spoken like a true liberal :P

But common look at it this way. There's 2 of a set listed one for 600 one for 1000. I'm

Gonna list mine for 1500 knowing that these other two will sell eventually. There is a possibility someone else will list another but if they don't the lowest asking price will be 1500. Just a waiting game

Liberals don't take advantage of other people? Now that's breaking news :jig:

My only concern with the practice of those high prices is skewing the market data to determine investments. If a few of them sell well overpriced it would have to effect the market value right?

Liberals don't take advantage of other people? Now that's breaking news :jig:

My only concern with the practice of those high prices is skewing the market data to determine investments. If a few of them sell well overpriced it would have to effect the market value right?

Thats definitely a concern. Thats why its good to look at the median and the last ones sold data on the item page when you look it up to make sure its not inflated.

Willing seller, wiling buyer. Market forces are sometimes incomprehensible.

What I dont understand is... he had Darth Malgus on BUY IT NOW price for 28$ + a few bucks for shipping....

why in hell would anyone big above that value 

Human mind is truly a mystery!

What I dont understand is... he had Darth Malgus on BUY IT NOW price for 28$ + a few bucks for shipping....

why in hell would anyone big above that value 

Human mind is truly a mystery!

I love it when two bidders get carried away. My first "big" eBay sale about 8 years ago was a DVD I bought for