Public or private polls?

Show Results  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer public or private polls?

• Public (everyone can see who voted and which one they did)
    • Private (votes are tallied as usual but anonymous)
    • Depends on the thread poll question(s)

Before going too heavy into the poll system (of which I am eagerly awaiting to play with post-2081-0-79199500-1369727566.gif), I want to ask which would people generally prefer? Public or private polls?

I also ask because I will have to restart a lot of older thread polls (like the Favorite Minifigure ones and Favorite Theme) and I do not want to alienate anyone from making their voice being heard in a friendly vote. If it depends on the thread poll question itself, please leave a opinion so that I may understand.

I say keep it private. I don't see any advantage to advertising the way a person voted. If a person has an opinion beyond their vote they have the option to add in the thread itself.

I'm going to agree with this. I don't see the advantage in making it public other than to possibly alienate someone who voted for unpopular choice on a poll. But on the flip side of the coin, this community is friendly and don't see this happening to often.

Unless the topic is personal, I don't see any reason for privacy, but at the same time, you are probably going to get more accurate results in a private poll because people won't worry about being the lone wolf on liking Friends sets when we're talking favorite theme or something.

Which format is this poll in?  :ph34r:  I like public.

This one was set to be 'private'; all votes are anonymous.

I'm going to agree with this. I don't see the advantage in making it public other than to possibly alienate someone who voted for unpopular choice on a poll. But on the flip side of the coin, this community is friendly and don't see this happening to often.

I am leaning towards 'private' just for sake of peoples privacy regardless of the original question, and should someone feel like saying something they can always just post it.

What about something as mundane as the Favorite Minifigure or Theme polls? Would everyone be more comfortable if even something frivolous as that was kept private? I do want this to feel like a safe environment for all members.